Author Topic: surname help  (Read 2592 times)

Offline nikkita5680

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: surname help
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 September 12 08:59 BST (UK) »
thanks everyone for help its crazy this is only cert i have to do with this side of family and its been hardest to find whereas nothing on other side to go on yet found them on church records  :) the parish said st nicholas but nothing on church records for 1902 and no sign of their childrens birth records maybe werent registered or something im not sure this is all new to me  ;)

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 03 September 12 09:38 BST (UK) »
I posted what looks like the civil registration index entry above...what other information were you wanting that isn't on  the certificate you have?

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 03 September 12 11:01 BST (UK) »
if this is the St Nicholas of Myra (RC) on Francis Street then the parish records on the IrishGenealogy website only include baptisms and marriages for this parish up to 1881, so a civil record would be required.

p.s. Dublin South would be the correct district for St. Nicholas

S.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline nikkita5680

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 03 September 12 11:33 BST (UK) »
thanks shanew147 does the church itself have the records after 1881 do u know but just not online?

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 03 September 12 11:38 BST (UK) »
They do, but the records on IrishGenealogy are based on the RC films held by the National Library - most of which only cover up to the 1880s. The idea when they were filming them was that all districts would have been keeping good records by that time, so civil records could be used.

It might be an idea to take a step back to be sure of your clues... do you have a birth for this possible couple ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 03 September 12 11:39 BST (UK) »
What did you think of the marriage that Prue found for you?

It looks like your couple to me.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 03 September 12 11:40 BST (UK) »
+1 one what Mike said...

I'd take a chance on that possible match mentioned by PrueM... a research cert is only €4, and the other details could help prove a link - e.g. the witnesses or residences for the bride & groom, father's names etc..

S.
My Surname Interests

Offline nikkita5680

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 03 September 12 11:50 BST (UK) »
thanks guys im going to go into gro and try get copy of that record prueM found from the cert i have it looks like fifty for both there ages but on 1911 census says catherine was 30 and william 45 and basically i just wanted to find who she was married to before william as cert says she was a widow and obviosly first huband was tracey and want to know what happened to him and hopefully get a better picture.. :D sorry for bombarding yiz but im puzzled  ???

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 03 September 12 11:51 BST (UK) »
just had a closer look at the image - I think it is a civil rather than parish record - for some reason the priest filled in the names of the bride and groom at 90 degrees to the way you are supposed to....

both the ages have 'full' - i.e. 21 or over..

S.
My Surname Interests