Author Topic: St Matthews church Dinnington  (Read 1658 times)

Offline squatt

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Matthews church Dinnington
« on: Sunday 09 September 12 11:48 BST (UK) »
Hello

does anyone know where I can obtain a cemetery map and grave index for this church

regards

Offline Gen List Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Jane ANDERSON nee DODD, 2 x g grandmother.
    • View Profile
Re: St Matthews church Dinnington
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 September 12 11:13 BST (UK) »
Have you already contacted Woodhorn archives or searched their online catalogue?

Gen in NBL England
UK - Northumberland, County Durham: ANDERSON,   DODD(S), EDWARDS, ELLIOTT/ELLET, FENWICK, GREY/GRAY, HINDMARCH and variants, JORDAN, MOORE, MURRAY, RIPPON, RODDHAM, RYDER-TURNER, SPARK(E)(S), STEWART, TILLEY, TIPLADY, WATSON,
Sheffield: TURNER
Middlesex: RYDER
<br />Aberdeenshire: EDWARDS, BRODIE<br />Angus STEWART, DIXON, PETRIE

Offline squatt

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Matthews church Dinnington
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 September 12 21:29 BST (UK) »
yes unfortunately, but I got a standard reply one gets when somebody  cannot be bothered to go to trouble helping you. They pointed me to the information I already had "died in St Matthews parish dinnington" They then proceeded to tell me that none will exist. That they were hand drawn on scrap paper. The reality is that some of these church cemeteries are still used for family plots and special dispensation etc so the grave diggers know.

Classic example is St Mary's Church in Morpeth there parish records were destroyed but they have managed to recreate a lot of them even though woodhorn said there would be none.

And West conforth Church, Durham DRO said there would be none, low and behold, the church has a funeral next week and again the church as been helpful and said they would look up details for me.

I just hope st matthews will be as helpful