Author Topic: William John Long & Julia Ann Hickey:  (Read 1630 times)

Offline DUNMAC

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William John Long & Julia Ann Hickey:
« on: Wednesday 12 September 12 21:39 BST (UK) »
I have the marriage for William John Long & Julianne Heke (many spelling variations of Julia's names)

as 25th of December 1876 at Boardmills 2nd Presbyterian Church, by the Rev. A. Dobbin, in Drumalig,

Lisburn, Co. Down.

The records only give, both church & civil, the name of William John's father, as William, no mother is listed. As there are many William John's born in Down, I cannot pin down a birth date or place of birth to further my research on his family, without some clue of his mother's name. Witnesses to the marriage are David Long (brother, cousin, uncle?) and Alas Norton.

Also no clues given for Julianne's parentage  just the address Drumalig and age over 21, like William John.

I have found records of three children:

Bridget Anne Long born in Ballylesson, Lisburn, Down, 26th of February 1878 for which I have a B.C. copy. Annie as she was known was married and died in Partick, Lanarkshire, Scotland. 1878 - 1961. Married four times outlasted them all.

Mary Jane Long for whom Ancestry has a Birth Index Card for the 11th of June 1880 in Ballymagarrick, cannot find birth document but I have her death register entry for 1885 also in Partick. 1880 - 1885

William John Long , Ancestry Birth Index Card, 11th of June 1880, in Ballymagarrick, cannot find birth document but have his marriage to a Mary Jane Mason in Belfast, 1902, listed on post in Antrim Board. 1880 - 1950 (Partick) (Mary Jane Mason, 1881 - 1946, Partick)

I wish to find out if William and Julianne had further children.

Where & when, William John & Julianne were they born, parents names if possible and any siblings for both of them.

Any help you can give will help break a long standing brick wall at this branch.

I have listed the children of William John & Mary Jane Mason on Antrim Board.

Bridget Anne Long married Alexander Brown in Partick, Lanarkshire, Scotland, 31st December 1895, they had four children, Alexander, John, James & Samuel, all but John born in Patrick, John born in Belfast, 8th of January 1898, John returned once more to Belfast later and married Ethel May Farley in 1922, then lived and died in Belfast 1934.

Once more any help with the Long ancestors much appreciated.

Regards,
                                                                                                     Duncan.

McDonald: Patterson: Hart: Josey: Provan: Meldrum: Murphy: McIntyre: McEachern:McColl: Cupples: Burt: McCormack: Steele: Laird: Hardie: Robertson: Easton: Sneddon: Skinner: Stark: Shaw: Sanders: Chapman, Gordon, Grant, Littlejohn,  McLeod, McHattie: Younie: Ironside: Spalding, Smith: Mathieson: Ower:
Koens.

Morvern, Argyll: Glasgow, Lanarkshire: Falkirk, & Grangemouth, Kippen, Kilsyth: Stirlingshire: Dumfries & Borders, Scotland & England:
Aberdeenshire: Morayshire: Ireland: Netherlands.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William John Long & Julia Ann Hickey:
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 September 12 21:43 BST (UK) »
To keep all replies together I've locked this topic and any information can be posted on Antrim thread:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,615029.0.html
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!