Author Topic: Ann Owens c 1845 Caerwys COMPLETED  (Read 2744 times)

Offline taylorwallace

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ann Owens c 1845 Caerwys COMPLETED
« on: Saturday 13 October 12 08:34 BST (UK) »
Ann married Enoch Adams in 1864 Liverpool. The certificate shows her father as David Owens , farmer. The Adams returned to Flintshire and  the census of 1871 and 1901 both give Ann's place of birth as Caerwys c 1845. I have a baptism of Anne (with an e) Owens in Caerwys in 1845 but no parents given. There is an Anne Owens on BMD born late 1844 Holywell.
Can anyone tell me if this is the same Ann(e). Her name always appears without an e so that is why I am reluctant to assume this 1845 one is correct. I cannot find an Owens family in Caerwys in 1841/51 with father David which would give me mothers name.

On a second point, does anyone know whether the marriage records for the Independent Congregational Church at Mostyn (Cyssegr) still exist and if so where they are? They are not at Flintshire Record Office
Many thanks for help on either of these.

taylor wallace

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Owens c 1845 Caerwys
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 October 12 11:07 BST (UK) »
baptism

Anne Owens born 7 Mar 1845 illegitimate dau baptism 22 Mar 1845 parents David Owens and Mary Lloyd .David of Brickhill Tremeirchwn?(sorry best I could make out) mother of Pantevan Caerwys
David was a farmer

most of the Anns are spelt with an e on the end maybe it was the way the vicar or registrar spelt it at the time.
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline taylorwallace

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 October 12 11:28 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for clarifying that; I can now look for Mary Lloyd David in 1841
Still hope someone can answer the query about the Cyseggyr records. Baptisms for certain years appear to be on familysearch/findmypast but no marriages. The church is now apparently derelict and as it was an independent chapel, not sure whether it would come under the wing of the Congregational/URC umbrella?
taylor wallace

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 October 12 11:31 BST (UK) »
sorry its just my puntuation but the mother is Mary Lloyd not Mary Lloyd David
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 13 October 12 11:35 BST (UK) »
think this could be her 1841

John Lloyd 50 butcher
Mary 55
Jane 15
Thomas 6
Mary 15 female servant
all born in county
William Roberts 15
Pant Evan Caewys ,Bryngwyn Ucha

Offline taylorwallace

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 13 October 12 11:38 BST (UK) »
thanks for both messages on this; can regard this bit as completed now
tw