Author Topic: Marriages needed from Jersey Island  (Read 2964 times)

Offline denby

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriages needed from Jersey Island
« on: Saturday 13 October 12 22:15 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Perhaps I was too hasty in removing my request, as I just found the digitized baptismal records at Jerripedia, and in one set, five children for one of the couples I asked about.  I have been doing research for over 30 years, mostly in libraries and in books, but had no knowledge of the efforts of the Islands Family History Society to place their holdings online.  The Channel Islands holdings at Familysearch are mostly for Guernsey Island, and over the years, I try to work with as many primary sources as possible.

If you would please reconsider my request, here is the list I had posted originally (plus, one extra):

Édouard NOEL + Elizabeth NOEL - St-Martin’s circa 1770-1771
(I found five of their children in the baptisms, including son Edouard for whom I was looking in 1772)

Thomas SALMON + Marie LEGROS - St-Peter circa 1815-1817
(Just found two of their sons in the baptisms)

John SAVAGE/SAUVAGE + Harriet PIROUET circa 1875

Emile DUPRÉ (later went by Dupreuil) = Mary Ann HENRY/BLAMPIED circa 1855-1858

George BINET + Anne MOLLET - St. Martin's circa 1855

John LANGFORD + Mary Anne TRUE/TRUMAN (?) circa 1840

Any of these marriages you could find (and if possible, with parents’ names) would be most appreciated.  Again, my apologies for removing my original request and my sincere thanks in advance for your help.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriages needed from Jersey Island
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 October 12 22:37 BST (UK) »
Have you checked the links given on here?

eg http://www.theislandwiki.org/index.php?title=Jerripedia

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline denby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
See my original post
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 October 12 04:47 BST (UK) »
I have replaced my original request, thanks.

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 October 12 09:20 BST (UK) »
Shame about that - I was going to look them up for you next week.

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 14 October 12 10:03 BST (UK) »
Jersey have one of the best set of records on line with thanks to Mike Bisson and his year of researchers on their site Jerripedia.Over the last week a load more records ...pre 1842 are there.they are working hard to get all records on libe ad soon as they can.They are gradually working their way through all the church records and you can see what they have managed so far by looking at the what's new on their site.
Not only parish records but a vast number of family trees too which they are increasing gradually.
I have 17th century research on the island and I keep getting more and more information.
It might also be worth looking at the channel island roots web .
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 14 October 12 10:26 BST (UK) »
To give credit where it's due the records on the site mentioned above are merely copies of the transcriptions done many years ago by volunteers from the Family History Society. The original records are so fragile they rarely leave the strong room.

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 14 October 12 11:53 BST (UK) »
Fully understand that original records if fragile cant be used but Mike Bisson has organised this site with volunteers some of which may be from the Family History Society, On a recent email from the Channel Islands Roots web morevolunteers were being asked   to help.

It is all a joint effort isnt it and I for one ,not living on the island find them so useful.
I did visit the Archives whilst on a visit to Jersey last month but was only directed to the catalogue ,which was disappointing .Perhaps I asked the wrong person for help I dont know. A later visit to the Societe Jersiaise proved to be much more successful.
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)