Author Topic: What's on a Barbadian Death Certificate?  (Read 526 times)

Offline Candolim_Imp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
What's on a Barbadian Death Certificate?
« on: Sunday 28 October 12 21:51 GMT (UK) »
has anyone ever obtained a Barbadian death cert? if so, I'd really appreciate a rundown of what details are included.

I currently have 3 known death and/or burial dates, and would like to know how valuable the information will be (i.e. marital status, name of informant, birthplace/date), which may help provide further information before seeking birth certificates (though we do have birthdates for two of them and an approximate year based on death age for the third, they may not have been born with the same name if the women married or if their parents married after their births).

I also have a bit of a problem with obtaining certificates in advance of our next planned visit in 3 years. The site does explain that postal applications can be made including a money order and self stammed addressed envelope - but this seems to assume that the applicant is in Barbados and has access to Barbadian postage stamps!!

Bajan certificates are very cheap, but very difficult to get hold of outside of Barbados (we have obtained one whilst there and it was a really straightfoward, cheap and speedy process)

Hoping someone can offer some help
Hodge; Southport, Lancs
Pugh; Salop, Liverpool
Hulm; Bootle, Southport
Guildford; Liverpool
Clausen; Denmark, Liverpool
Yapp/Yopp; Salop
Marshall, Rimmer, Howard, Johnson, Jackson; Southport
Bury; Heref, Herts
Dady; Norfolk, Southport
Colebourne; Liverpool
Small; Barbados, Liverpool
Murray; West Indies, Liverpool
Williams; Africa, Liverpool
Jenner; Glos

Offline Candolim_Imp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: What's on a Barbadian Death Certificate?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 October 12 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for the placing of this, I posted it in the "Immigration" link and didn't notice that it brought me to a "Europe" forum
Hodge; Southport, Lancs
Pugh; Salop, Liverpool
Hulm; Bootle, Southport
Guildford; Liverpool
Clausen; Denmark, Liverpool
Yapp/Yopp; Salop
Marshall, Rimmer, Howard, Johnson, Jackson; Southport
Bury; Heref, Herts
Dady; Norfolk, Southport
Colebourne; Liverpool
Small; Barbados, Liverpool
Murray; West Indies, Liverpool