Author Topic: Kearns/Cairns  (Read 3683 times)

Offline lnr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Kearns/Cairns
« on: Monday 30 May 05 04:42 BST (UK) »
looking for marriage of William Kearns/ cairns to Jane Bigham/bingham c 1821 Dromore son John bc  1824 m toBettyJane Allen d of Samuell Allen(scotland ) 21 aug 1844 at 1st Dromara church som William mMargaret Alexander 1872 Drumlough c down. son Alexander b 1847, d Eliza jane b 1850 john b 1852 what happened to them!   thanks lnr

Offline Anthony

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Kearns/Cairns
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 June 05 21:15 BST (UK) »
Hi. Don't know if this is any help to you.

Dromore 1852

Elizabeth Bigham. Milliner & Dressmaker.

Anthony

Offline lynnypooau

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 June 05 05:05 BST (UK) »
I have in my family line Maggie Jane Alexander married to William Cairns in County Down (unsure of date at the moment), they emmigrated to New Zealand 1874 along with Magaret's father Thomas Henry Alexander and mother Margaret Bigham and all the family. Could this be your family???

Regards
Lyn John
Sydney Australia
Thomson/Thompson, McOnichie/McConnichie, McConnochy, Hemphill, Families Renfrew & Antrim, Bigham/Bingham, Alexander,Cairns, Families County Down, John family of Glamorgan, Pennsylvannia,Kansas,New York. Marquand,LeMessurier,Hill, Families Channel Islands

Offline ulstermarine

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 July 08 23:42 BST (UK) »
hi lyn  I'm  mike alexander with a knowles in the family 2 generations ago also a cairns  around 3 generations ago from belfast.   I'm new to this so give me a little time to sus out the connections.
alexander, cairns, knowles, davidson, brangam,

Offline lnr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 August 08 05:48 BST (UK) »
Hi,Have now found this Cairns family in scotland with a few more additions I do not know of any Knowles in the tree and as far as I know didnt have any in Belfast.  thanks lnr

Offline lnr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 August 08 05:52 BST (UK) »
sorry meant to add that william was not married to a Jane Bigham but to an Elizabeth Warren circa 1820 probably Tullinisky but cant seem to find any records for this or any of Johns syblings. Can anyone help!lnr

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 07 August 08 06:48 BST (UK) »
hi lyn  I'm  mike alexander with a knowles in the family 2 generations ago also a cairns  around 3 generations ago from belfast.   I'm new to this so give me a little time to sus out the connections.

Hello Mike,

Welcome to RootsChat and good luck with your research.

I'm researching Alexanders but as there's no mention of McAuleys on your list your Alexanders must be different ones to the family I'm researching.

Christopher

Offline lnr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 26 February 17 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi < I have made the mistake of tracing the wrong line of our family and now needs to be corrected.William Cairns that married Margaret Jane Alexander. His Father was John. He did not marry Betty Jane ALLEN, I am not any further ahead in finding out whom was Williams mother or syblings. Sorry for this I know many others have made the same mistake lnr