Author Topic: 1887 Fitzwilliam Lawn Tennis Club Closed Championships  (Read 3495 times)

Offline jasmar

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1887 Fitzwilliam Lawn Tennis Club Closed Championships
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 23 May 24 15:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Newmark
I came across your post with regard to Fitzwilliam Lawn Tennis club, the thread is old so I hope that you see this.

My great grandfather is WR Clark - William Raymond Fitzmaurice Clark (born 1866 died 1908).
I am interested in your post as I have a large framed photograph taken of a group of tennis players in the late 1800s. I have been in contact with Fitzwilliam lawn tennis club and they have confirmed that it is a photograph taken at their Championships. From discussions amongst family members and comparing photographs we can see that WR Clark is in the photograph.

Your post is particularly interesting as we did not know that WR Clark had played in the Fitzwilliam Championship. Where did you get this information? 

I'm looking for basic biographical information on some of the players who took part in the men's singles event at the Fitzwilliam Lawn Tennis Club Closed Championship held in Dublin in July 1887. I have just the initials of the players' first name(s) and their family names.

Hoping to hear from you soon
Jasmar