Author Topic: Cae Isa Farm, Pantymwyn  (Read 1909 times)

Offline deb5

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cae Isa Farm, Pantymwyn
« on: Thursday 15 November 12 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am trying to find out some history about Cae Isa Farm, Pen y Fron Rd, Pantymwyn.  I know that in the early 1900s it was owned by the  Davies family and that it stayed in the family until about 20 years ago.  This was the farm where my grandmother was born.  I am interested to know when George and Elizabeth Davies took ownership (if they did).  He was a lead miner in 1891 in Pantymwyn and a farmer of 8 acres - I'm not sure how they came to live in a 5 bedroomed farmhouse (though there could have been extensions in the 20th century.

Offline Jo Harding

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Cae Isa Farm, Pantymwyn
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 December 12 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello deb5,

I think your best bet would be to make an enquiry of the Flintshire Record Office.

http://www.flintshire.gov.uk/wps/portal/english/services?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/web+content/Flintshire/English/Services/100009/200111

I will pursue to see if I can find it on the early census returns and let you know what I find.

I know the area well, having walked along The Leete on many an afternoon. There are some books about the history of the mines there which you might find interesting. I recall that the mine company provided houses to some of their employees. There was one grand looking house , deserted now, which was once the residence of the mine manager.

Jo.

Offline anneryan2000

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Cae Isa Farm, Pantymwyn
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 July 22 11:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Deb. This thread is a little old but wondering did you have any luck finding information regarding your family at Cae Isa Farm?