Author Topic: Request look-up 1851 Census  (Read 2500 times)

Offline syljun

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Request look-up 1851 Census
« on: Saturday 24 November 12 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Looking for Margaret David b. 1808 living  somewhere in Llanelly. Hopefully born Llandarrog. Trying to piece this family together.

Found a marriage on Freereg. Anthony David & Margaret David 1830 Llanelly so did not change surname. Many thanks for any help to sort this family out after long time. Syljun

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Request look-up 1851 Census
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 November 12 21:02 GMT (UK) »
This is the nearest I can find, in Llanedy. Margaret's place of birth is given as st Peter's (ie carmarthen) and Abernant on 1861. I can see an Anthony & Margaret David on 1841, but they're a generation older (and are Davies on 1851)

Anthony Davies    44
Margaret Davies    48
Mary Davies    21
John Davies    19
Anthony Davies    16
Sarah Davies    13
Thomas Davies    9
William Davies    6

HO107/ 2468/ 308/ 46

Offline syljun

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 November 12 08:48 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Mabel, FindMyPast Index has a Margaret David b.1808 reg.Llanelly so hoping she is mine. Problem with name of David it is intermingled with Davies and many interpretations when transcribed makes it difficult to research. Have spent a fortune over many years and only now coming back to my Carmarthen roots to sort family out.  Thank you for your time and interest. syljun

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 November 12 17:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi syljun  :)

Are you looking for Margaret David born ca1808 Llanddarog or born Llanelli? Do you have any other information about Margaret, e.g. found on any other census? It's such a common name that we can't be certain that the 1808 birth and 1830 marriage are the same person, although are possible, but Llanddarog is unlikely  :-\

Best Wishes
Morgan

Offline syljun

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 26 November 12 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Morgan, Once again trying to untangle Carmarthen roots. Keep coming back to try to sort this family. Margaret is a recent find baptised at Llandarrog 3/4/1808 Llandarrog - Father John which fits in with info. of other siblings and being a family name of children makes sense.
No info. about her and with surname changing from David to Davies so often its frustrating. Birthplace on Census is not always correct and I know the David family moved from Llandarrog to Llanelly at some time.
It might be worth my while to contact Carmarthen Record Centre to obtain copy of baptism entry to see if any info. is helpful. Grateful for your time. Syljun