Author Topic: Agustine St.George  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Dragon66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Agustine St.George
« on: Sunday 25 November 12 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Any information of the St.George Family in Canada anywhere would be great. Agustine St.George was my grandfather and a WWI veteran. He was 16 and from Canada when he joined the US Army so I'm told.

Offline vbain

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Agustine St.George
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 November 12 16:42 GMT (UK) »
I have done this search twice.
No results.
sorry

Offline vbain

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 November 12 16:47 GMT (UK) »
After 3 attempts failing,I tried Augustine 

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 November 12 17:17 GMT (UK) »
http://automatedgenealogy.com/census11/SplitView.jsp?id=151157
A possibility for his family in the 1911 Canadian census in Quebec.  Some of the family are shown born in E.U. which would be the French equivalent of the United States.

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 November 12 18:58 GMT (UK) »
The Drouin collection has a marriage in St. Louis, Quebec on 27 Jan 1880 between Joseph St. George, s/o Augustin St. George and Angele Benoit to
Eugenie Dandelin or Daudelin d/o Joseph Da?delin and Celine Feeteau (? )
Baptisms for two of their Canadian born children from the 1911 census are also in the church at St. Louis
Charles St. George baptized 08 Jun 1891 with mother's name looking like Eugenie Dandelin
Marie Leonie St. Georges baptized 03 Oct 1895 with a birth on 01 Oct 1895.  Parents Joseph St. Georges and Eugenie Daudelin.

Offline Dragon66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 25 November 12 19:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanxs for a place to start. You all have been very helpful.  Thanxs again

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 26 November 12 17:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dragon66 and a warm welcome to RootsChat  :).

This family appears to be in Massachusetts USA in the 1900 census. You can access the record and the original image at this link to familysearch.org. Scroll down this page to United States, then scroll down to United States Census 1900. The family is found on 2 pages. To find the first page I entered Jennie St George in the search engine. To find the second page I entered Albert St George. The second page also has Augustine's grandfather! The younger Augustine's birth place is given as Massachusetts which seems to match the 1911 Canada census.

https://familysearch.org/

At this same website, if you look under Massachusetts, Deaths and Burials, 1795-1910, you will find the death of the grandfather. The image is very light but the transcript gives his parents names, if I remember correctly.

You might check if your local public library subscribes to Ancestry Library Edition. This would give you access to the Canada records including images of the baptisms, etc. mentioned earlier plus at least the USA censuses with images. I'm not sure if they have Massachusetts records but there are numerous Mass records in the familysearch website and they are free to access.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada