Author Topic: James Mcusker/Rose Winslow  (Read 2363 times)

Offline tomy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Mcusker/Rose Winslow
« on: Monday 26 November 12 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello again folks,i hope you don't think i am taking liberties but you have helped me out in the past and i thought if anyone can help it must be you guys.The info i have gathered on the above couple is that they were married in Clones in 1870 and moved to derrylin where they had their family,i then traced them to Scotlands 1891 census in Glasgow but i have nothing on where they were born.I think James was 1847 and Rose was 1841 but i'm not sure of these dates,if anyone can help with their place of birth i would be very grateful.Tomy.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: James Mcusker/Rose Winslow
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 November 12 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi

If they died in Scotland, sight of their death certs will give the names of their respective parents plus mothers maiden name (as long as that info was known to whoever reported the deaths)

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk - this is a pay per view site

If they were still alive in 1911 - have a look at the 1911 entry (same website) as it will often show the exact place of birth as opposed to "Ireland" on earlier censuses
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 November 12 22:50 GMT (UK) »
They were in Scotland in 1881 - 15 Hill St Glasgow.  Annie & Bridget both b Glasgow but all others just shown as Ireland

James McCusker 36 gen labourer
Roseann 36
Catherine   9
James  7
Annie  3
Bridget 1
Glasgow Barony ED 27 Page 1 Line 12

I wonder if this was perhaps an illegitimate child of Rose

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FRH1-Q2X

You probably already have the following info from the IGI

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FPVK-9Y1

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FPR1-FVX
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 November 12 05:56 GMT (UK) »

The marriage was registered in Clones County Monaghan but took place a couple of miles over the County Fermanagh border in Newtownbutler RC Church.  At the time, both James and Rose were living in the townland of Killycard, parish of Muckno, on the opposite side of County Monaghan. James father was called Patrick, Rose's parents were Daniel Winslow and Rose Martin.

Offline tomy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 27 November 12 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Thanks folk,once again you have been a great help to me.It's tempting to pack it all in when things are not going well and i can't get any leads but i am inspired again with the help i get here.Cheers.