Author Topic: Charles austin birch  (Read 2478 times)

Offline beckton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Charles austin birch
« on: Wednesday 28 November 12 12:35 GMT (UK) »
PLEASE HELP

I am researching the family of Charles Austin Birch born about 1934 Father Charles Birch.

Charles Austin married at the age of 24 on 29 .3.1958 at St Albans Roman catholic church hall in Romford Essex to Maureen bernadette Dwyer.At the time of the marriage they were livibg at 79 Tuck Rd Rainham Essex.

Charles Austin was a motor assemble so must assume he worked at Fords Dagenham Essex.

Charles Austin (father) worked as a security worker (coal board)

Unfortunatley i don't know where they was born or the name of the wife of Charles senior.

Any help would be much appriciated.

Jan  lovett     ???
Hollingsworth.Radwell, Thompson, Hill,Padwell,Epathite,Bryan, Hall,Tyrell,Taylor,Areas are Bath, Hampshire,Hertfordshire,Sussex,Middlesex, London

Offline miriamkinga

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Kingston Goater 1853-1920
    • View Profile
Re: Charles austin birch
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 November 12 12:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan

Was he born in Yorkshire? The only Charles A Birch I can see born in 1934 was born in Wetherby, MMN Luty.

There's also a marriage for a Charles Birch to Doris Luty in Knaresborough in 1923 which may be his father's marriage.

best wishes

Maria
GOATER, LAN, ALL
BOURKE, MAYO/ LAN
LONERGAN, TIP
McGREAL, MAYO
FLAHERTY, GALWAY/ ALL
HOUGH, LAN/ ALL

Offline beckton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 November 12 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Maria

Thank you for getting back to me so quick but that is the problem i don't know where they were born. But i suppose this could be him and he moved to East London/ Essex at some point

I really wanted to know if Charles Austin married again and if he is  still alive the last thing i found was that he was living in 35 Mansfield Road Ilford essex in 1964 and i got that info from the electriol register.

Again thank you very much for your help     ???
Hollingsworth.Radwell, Thompson, Hill,Padwell,Epathite,Bryan, Hall,Tyrell,Taylor,Areas are Bath, Hampshire,Hertfordshire,Sussex,Middlesex, London

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 January 13 05:10 GMT (UK) »
Forgive me for digging up an old thread as I look for ways of procrastinating. ;)

I wonder whether the birth might not more likely be 1933 Hammersmith (late in the year so in early 1958 he would have been 24).

It's possible he may be living, so just go to
http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl
and search for that birth. There are other births with the same mother's surname in Fulham 1929 and Brighton 1936, and later births in Essex and Middlesex, but other than that all births with those surnames are in quite different places. There are also marriages that match the Brighton and Hendon births better.

Unfortunately, there is no marriage I can see that is a good match for that 1933 birth.

For marriages of Charles Birch, his father ... was he Charles Austin Birch as well, from the marriage certificate? Likely not, unless he was born after 1911 when only middle initials show in the births index. But even if so, there are so many Charles A Birch marriages; if it had been a second marriage for the mother of Charles c1933/4, her surname for the marriage would be different from her surname on his birth certificate.

I would really get that birth certificate so you can rule that birth in or out.

That said, the birth and marriage suggested by Maria match well too. I'd say close your eyes and order one of the certificates to start and see how it matches. ;)

(edit - Jan contacted me by PM and I offered to do some more digging if she decides to get those birth certificates. I'm stymied so far!)

HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 16 January 13 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Miriamkinga was on the money. (Jan had ruled out Hammersmith by tracing him forward in other records.)

I did some digging in family trees at Mundia, and Doris Luty, mother of the Yorkshire Charles, had a brother named Austin. Not a name that would show up randomly, I think. ;)

Unfortunately, the trees don't show Charles -- but that lack of evidence is evidence in itself (although not proof), and now there is at least an avenue for investigation.
HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?