Author Topic: Death Cert.  (Read 1346 times)

Offline Bellevue

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death Cert.
« on: Wednesday 12 December 12 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
First record I've found of someone living in UK, so not familiar with UK research areas. I have looked for a death cert on some bmd kent sites but to no avail. There's always the possibility they went back to Ireland I suppose.
The attached shows Thomas living with his wife in Kent in the 1911 uk census. It would be great to find a death record or something for either of them.
Thank you.

sorry for posting this message here but it will not allow me to attach the census image in the requests page. Perhaps a mod can move this message.

Moderator comment:  Image removed. 

sorry for posting this message here but it will not allow me to attach the census image in the requests page.

Sorry, but it is not possible to attach images on the requests page. Census images are subject to copyright protection and RootsChat does not allow the posting of full images. You are allowed to say who you are looking for:

Thomas Cleary who was aged 66 in 1911, and his wife Marguerite, also aged 66 in 1911.[/color]
Cleary - Clonmel / Ardgeeha / Chancellorstown / Garryntemple---------------O' Donnell - Clerihan------------McGrath - Powerstown---------------Cullinan - Scrothea, Clonmel----------------Flemming - Clerihan----------------Brien - Monkstown----------------Dunne - Poulnagunoge  / Gladstone St, Clonmel-------------Dunn - New York------------O' Neill - Kilsheelan

Offline Bellevue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Death Cert.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 December 12 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Ok.

Their address in the census is No. 6 Pleasant Row, Westbrowne?, Growre?, Kent

Marguerite, would be Margaret.
Cleary - Clonmel / Ardgeeha / Chancellorstown / Garryntemple---------------O' Donnell - Clerihan------------McGrath - Powerstown---------------Cullinan - Scrothea, Clonmel----------------Flemming - Clerihan----------------Brien - Monkstown----------------Dunne - Poulnagunoge  / Gladstone St, Clonmel-------------Dunn - New York------------O' Neill - Kilsheelan

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 December 12 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Pleasant Row, Westbourne Grove, Crayford. Wife is Margarita. Married 44 years. no children born. Thomas is a Farm Labourer.

Crayford is in between Dartford and Bexley - at that time a small village on the River Cray.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 12 December 12 23:22 GMT (UK) »
The age is a bit out but what about Thomas CLEARY died June quarter 1911 age 70 Dartford registration district ref. 2a 340?

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bellevue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 12 December 12 23:52 GMT (UK) »
The age is a bit out but what about TC died June quarter 1911 age 70 Dartford registration district ref. 2a 340?

Casalguidi :)
Ok. That's definitely a possibility I'd say. Where would I need to go to look into obtaining this record or am I able to get more info online without having to buy the cert first?

Pleasant Row, Westbourne Grove, Crayford.
Crayford is in between Dartford and Bexley
Thanks for locating the exact place!

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 13 December 12 14:51 GMT (UK) »
You can purchase it from the GRO for £9.25

http://www.gro.gov.uk

using the details given above

Deaths Jun 1911   
Cleary  Thomas  70  Dartford  2a 340

I do not know of any likely places online that will give you the details without purchasing.

Should you need to look up more BMD references then

http://www.freebmd.org.uk

is a good site
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.