Author Topic: Ann Lander - 1911  (Read 3011 times)

Offline cosmomouse

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ann Lander - 1911
« on: Friday 28 December 12 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Ann Lander
Born: 8 April 1900 - Ibstock, Leicester

I wonder if anyone may be able to help me with this at all. I've just started researching again and am trying to find my husband's great grandmother on the 1911 census. I have previously found her on the 1901 census with her family and I can find the rest of the family on the 1911 census but not her. I have found a record on a different site which instead of type of dwelling as 'household' states 'institution'. Could this have been workhouse or hospital?

I'm struggling with finding the details of where she was at that time. I know she was married in 1924 (also in Leicester), but love would to find where she is in 1911.

Any help would be great :)

Many thanks

Clare

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Lander - 1911
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 December 12 15:44 GMT (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 December 12 15:45 GMT (UK) »
instead of type of dwelling as 'household' states 'institution'. Could this have been workhouse or hospital?

If you check the previous page it should give you the address of the place.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 December 12 15:50 GMT (UK) »
The 1911 index shows an Ann Lander b 1901 living in Market Bosworth - birthplace matches to Ibstock
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Lostris

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • diebus numerati sunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 28 December 12 15:51 GMT (UK) »
usually mis-spelled try variations like Landen, Lauder etc or leave out the surname and just search on forenam,e age and birthplace.

From what you say about an institution I think you will find her