Author Topic: Charles Pierre Moliere Canadian Armoured Brigade  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Alexj

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Charles Pierre Moliere Canadian Armoured Brigade
« on: Sunday 06 January 13 09:25 GMT (UK) »
This site is a treasure trove of knowledge and expertise and i hope its members may help in this matter.
I am helping my brother in law research his real family history, he was adopted. His real parents was a war marriage his father on the birth certificate is Charles Pierre Moliere no D/ 36525 Regimental Quartermaster sergeant Canadian Armoured Brigade (storekeeper united states army) he married Gladys Cavell Lettsome Oct-Dec 1941 in Uxbridge Middlesex. Sadly Charles Moliere died in Texas in 1958 and Gladys Cavell Lettsomen died in 1984 in Scunthorpe, so both his real parents are now dead.
When born, my brother in law (born August 1944) was given up for adoption and he has now only found out who his real parents were. I have found alot about his mother but we are now trying to find out what happened to his father Charles during /after the war.
1. Was Charles stationed around Uxbridge during 1941
2. Did he leave his wife when the war ended to go back to Canada /USA
3 Did he stay after the war ended but then left to go to Canada/ USA later.

Gladys Cavell Lettsome remarried in J-M 1957 to Jaroslaw Kostiw so i can presume Charles Moliere and Gladys Lettsome were divorced then and he was back in the USA.

Any small snippets/pointers of help with this man would be really appreciated.

Regards

John

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Pierre Moliere Canadian Armoured Brigade
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 January 13 14:11 GMT (UK) »
History of the 12th Armoured Regiment: http://www.royaltankregiment.com/en-GB/regimentblinde.aspx
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alexj

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 January 13 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Shaun

A huge thank you for all the info, it really has moved me on

Best Regards

John

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 06 January 13 19:51 GMT (UK) »
Are you going to order the marriage certificate? It might be useful to know who Charles' father was, and the father's occupation,  and try to trace his  hometown from that information. 

Offline daretodiscover

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 07 January 13 02:15 GMT (UK) »
This site is a treasure trove of knowledge and expertise and i hope its members may help in this matter.
I am helping my brother in law research his real family history, he was adopted. His real parents was a war marriage his father on the birth certificate is Charles Pierre Moliere no D/ 36525 Regimental Quartermaster sergeant Canadian Armoured Brigade (storekeeper united states army) he married Gladys Cavell Lettsome Oct-Dec 1941 in Uxbridge Middlesex. Sadly Charles Moliere died in Texas in 1958 and Gladys Cavell Lettsomen died in 1984 in Scunthorpe, so both his real parents are now dead.
When born, my brother in law (born August 1944) was given up for adoption and he has now only found out who his real parents were. I have found alot about his mother but we are now trying to find out what happened to his father Charles during /after the war.
1. Was Charles stationed around Uxbridge during 1941
2. Did he leave his wife when the war ended to go back to Canada /USA
3 Did he stay after the war ended but then left to go to Canada/ USA later.

Gladys Cavell Lettsome remarried in J-M 1957 to Jaroslaw Kostiw so i can presume Charles Moliere and Gladys Lettsome were divorced then and he was back in the USA.

Any small snippets/pointers of help with this man would be really appreciated.

Regards

John

Hello John,

The service number you give, D/ 36525, was a Canadian Army service number. From the information you provide Charles was anAmerican who enlisted in the Canadian Army before the US got in the war.

As such, his service file is held by the Library and Archives Canada in Ottawa and, because he has been deceased for more than 20 years, you or your BIL can obtain access to it.

Go to http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/022/022-909.007-e.html and scroll down to How to Send an Inquiry Concerning Your Own or Another Individual's Records

The onus is on you to prove he has been deceased more than 20 years so a copy of his death certificate or obituary will be required. You are looking for his attestation papers which will contain information on his family history. A copy of his service history will tell you all places he was based as well as when he left the Canadian army.

DTD

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 07 January 13 08:40 GMT (UK) »
He was a government clerk in Montreal in 1949 :

http://tinyurl.com/a389csd

http://tinyurl.com/bbgo5fy

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 07 January 13 08:59 GMT (UK) »
You can search Montreal directories here http://bibnum2.banq.qc.ca/bna/lovell/

There is a "Molier CP" listed in the early 50's

Offline montreal twins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 06 November 23 23:11 GMT (UK) »
This is for John,  I know that I have spoken with you years ago and I do not know if you are still on here.
I am one of Charles daughters and I have now found lots of his paperwork.  If you are still on here and would like to contact me.