Author Topic: Where is Owen Buried ??  (Read 1996 times)

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Where is Owen Buried ??
« on: Sunday 13 January 13 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Im trying to find out where Owen Jones b1838, Died 20th Feb 1888. is buried, I have from the FindMyPast parish records his burial at Mold, would this be the parish church or a cemetary?

im hoping to find out who if anyone is buried with him, as im struggling to find his parents deaths, as you can imagine the Jones name is like a needle in a haystack, I do have them up to 1861 census, and Owen is living back in the same house from the 1881 census, but can not pinpoint them exactly.

hence me thinking if its a family grave, as Owen was a Plumber and father was Bricklayer,

any help greatly appriciated

Weenie
Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Owen Buried ??
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 January 13 05:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

It can be reallly helpful to cross reference the FindMyPast records with the free familysearch records... to get more information about locations.  If you look up your Owen on familysearch, it says Bistre parish. 

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KCRY-RN4

Also, if you look at the FindMyPast record transcript (rather than the image of the register that just says Mold, Flint at the top) it also says Bistre. 

Perhaps this can help narrow down the cemetery.   ???

My two cents worth... I see from the 1861 census record you mentioned that Owen's parents are John and Mary.  John is 52, so born about 1809.  I plugged John Jones and Bistre Flintshire into familysearch and found a burial for Feb 1874.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KCRY-58D

You seem to have access to FindMyPast.  Have a look at the register for this burial record.  The top says Mold and the address fits with the address on the census.  Transcription and familysearch say Bistre.  This could be your Owen's father??  Lots of things line up.

I hope this helps... perhaps someone with a better understanding of these parish records can tell you what cemetery you should look in. 

Hope this helps a bit,
RK

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 January 13 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou So much RunKitty,

I never thought of looking and cross referencing with familysearch!, i have trawled through the census records and not even found 1871 census no 34 New street, is occupied by someone else completely different. Which led me to believe as this was the house all those years previous and then with Owen been there 1881 i presumed he died before the census 1871.

i will send for the cert now to confirm its my John, although eveything seems to fit,

many thanks on breaking this for me, i will have a search for cemetaries within Bistre for the burial plot thanks again
Weenie

Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 January 13 13:38 GMT (UK) »
The  Genuki page for Bistre may help;
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/FLN/Bistre/index.html

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 15 January 13 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks WRJones,

So am i thinking that there is 2 possible deaths for Mary Jones 1876 and 1877 in Bistre, only thing is at the top of the parish register in FindMyPast it says Emanuelle.

Could this be the same place?,

John and Mary had 3 children,
Peter died aged 6 years 1842 buried Parish of Mold, in Bistre,
Elizabeth died aged 22 in 1863 buried in Parish of Mold, in Bistre,
Owen died aged 49 in 1888 buried in Parish of Mold , in Bistre

and then we find John as same in 1874.

unfortunatly im no good with area's unknown to me, could Church of Emmanuel be the same as parish church of Mold, both in Bistre, as ive looked on the Genuki site you gave me, and it says Buckley, with Emmanuel been listed, but also if i google parish church of Mold in Bistre it also comes up with Emanuelle, and also church of St Micheal ?

all help greatly apprciated

Weenie

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 15 January 13 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Genuki for Buckley tells us more;
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/FLN/Buckley/index.html

Emmanuel was the Parish Church for Bistre.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk