Author Topic: Lookup Please for my NELLIS/Nealis family 1800-1861  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Frithy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup Please for my NELLIS/Nealis family 1800-1861
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 19 January 13 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Shane. One the the childrens bapt give the Address of Barrack street. So I've just been on google earth for a trip around.lol.
Joan
NELLIS.   NEALIS.   SCHOFIELD.   FRITH.   BARBER .  GODBEHERE. SHOOTER. STANWAY. WOODALL. ARNOLD. CARLIN

STOCKPORT. WIRKSWORTH. CHAPLE EN LE FRITH. HAZEL GROVE.

Offline Frithy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 19 January 13 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Please can you give me the possible Templemore / Nenagh R.C. churches for the Nellis bapts 1841-1848.
 Thought it may have been Sacred Heart, but this seems to have not been built until 1877.
I'm still looking for parents marriage..James Nelis to Elizabeth Holland.
Thanks.
NELLIS.   NEALIS.   SCHOFIELD.   FRITH.   BARBER .  GODBEHERE. SHOOTER. STANWAY. WOODALL. ARNOLD. CARLIN

STOCKPORT. WIRKSWORTH. CHAPLE EN LE FRITH. HAZEL GROVE.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 19 January 13 18:08 GMT (UK) »
The important detail you need for searches is the name of the parish rather than a particular church. The registers were (as still are) kept by the parish in whichever the parish church was at the time.

The RC parish for Templemore is known as Templemore, although you may see it listed as 'Templemore and Killea' or sometimes 'Templemore, Killea & Clonmore. Killea relates to a civil parish included in the RC parish, and Clonmore appears to be a reference to Killavinoge civil parish, which is also included in the RC parish.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests