Author Topic: Essendine Baptisms Pre 1800  (Read 5359 times)

Offline smudger28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Future
    • View Profile
Essendine Baptisms Pre 1800
« on: Saturday 04 June 05 10:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Guys

Does anyone have access to the Essendine baptism records before 1800?

I'm looking for an Edward Fowler b abt 1798.  I would like to know his parents.

I can buy the fiche from Leic records office but they are £3.50 per fiche which has to be the most expensive fiche from any records office.  They are normally £2 ea.

Thanks

Paul
Cornwall: Hoare, Hoar, Mallet, Mallett, Davey, Cock<br />Leicester (Croxton K)Ward<br />Lincolnshire: Smith, Moss, Baxter<br />Rutland: Dexter, Hill, Green, Fowler, Smith, Ward, Vernum, Lattimore, Chappell, Turner, Burrows<br />Northamtonshire: Baxter, Smith<br />South Africa: Moss, Dominey, Dominy, Domeney<br /><br />Requests: <br /><br />1841 Rutland Census Look Ups<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lcsnor

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Essendine Baptisms Pre 1800
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 June 05 22:34 BST (UK) »
Hi there - how confident are you of the birth year?  I have the Essendine BTs on loan on film at the LDS FHC where I will be going on Tuesday.  Unfortunately the years 1796-1806 are missing from the Essendine section.  Will be happy to have a look at the slightly earlier years if you think there's a chance.  Let me know, I will only have the film on Tuesday this week as it is due to be returned.
thanks
Louise
Desperately seeking:
Martha Ann Keily - Limerick/Woolwich mid 1800s
Mary Jane Hawkins - Bridgwater c.1835
George Gulson - Warmfield or Mansfield 1790s

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline smudger28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 June 05 23:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Louise

I'm pretty confident.  Census records place his birth between those missing years which is typical.  Are they lost forever?

You could do me a favour and have a look for other Fowler sibblings, it may give me an idea to the parents.

Many Thanks for the help

Paul
Cornwall: Hoare, Hoar, Mallet, Mallett, Davey, Cock<br />Leicester (Croxton K)Ward<br />Lincolnshire: Smith, Moss, Baxter<br />Rutland: Dexter, Hill, Green, Fowler, Smith, Ward, Vernum, Lattimore, Chappell, Turner, Burrows<br />Northamtonshire: Baxter, Smith<br />South Africa: Moss, Dominey, Dominy, Domeney<br /><br />Requests: <br /><br />1841 Rutland Census Look Ups<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lcsnor

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 June 05 01:01 BST (UK) »
Paul,
I'll have a look for Fowlers around that time in Essendine when I go on Tuesday.
Louise
Desperately seeking:

Offline smudger28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 June 05 06:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Louise

Many Thanks

Paul

Offline lcsnor

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 07 June 05 19:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul
I'm afraid what I was able to find probably isn't going to be terribly helpful to you.
I looked back to 1780ish and found.

Dec 13 1778, bap. Charles, son of Charles & Elizabeth Fowler
Oct 15 1780, bap. Anne, dtr of John & Elizabeth Fowler
Jan(?) 6 1782, bap. Thomas, son of Charles & Isabella Fowler
Aug 7 1785, bap. John, son of Charles & Isabella Fowler

There was nothing any later in this particular film.

Sorry I couldn't be more help on that.  I have renewed the film and will have it for a while longer now if you have anything else.

Looking through the other parishes on the film (to make sure that none of my lot were hiding out anywhere!) I did come across quite a few Fowlers in Langham, Rut., also one each in Glaston & Hambledon, just let me know if you want them as I jotted them all down.

Good luck with your search,
Louise
Desperately seeking:

Offline smudger28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 10 June 05 22:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Louise

Many Thanks for looking!  I Expect Edward is on the missing years?

Kind regards

Paul

Offline smudger28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 15 June 05 19:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Louise

I asked Leicester and Rutland Records office to send me a list of microfiche for Essendine and they do have a fiche which would contain Edwards Baptism.  Its from 1779-1812 so I'm ordering it no matter what the cost  ;D

I do think the Charles and Isabella Fowler are Edwards parents.  I base this on the fact that Edward's sibblings were called Charles and Isabella, but the fiche will confirm for me.

Paul

Offline lcsnor

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 15 June 05 20:55 BST (UK) »
Glad you tracked it down some other way, I guess it was just the BT that was missing those years.  Let me know if there's anything else.

Good luck
Louise
Desperately seeking: