Author Topic: Clonaslee Cemetery lookup request  (Read 4670 times)

Offline Phil Tomlinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Clonaslee Cemetery lookup request
« on: Friday 01 February 13 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello.  If anyone has access to Catholic Cemetery records of Clonaslee or is willing to visit the cemetery or cemeteries on my behalf please contact me.  I am trying to find my Dunne ancestors buried in the area (see my 30 January post  Dunn/Dunne of Cloonagh Beg, Clonaslee).  If willing to help me out I can provide more specific details and would always be grateful.

Thank you,
Phil Tomlinson
Catholic families of the Amounderness region of Lancashire, England:  Tomlinson, Bamber, Gillow, et. al.
Dunn, Dempsey, McCabe from the Clonaslee area of Laois, Ireland.
Nolan, Kelly from Tipperarry, Ireland.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Clonaslee Cemetery lookup request
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 February 13 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Few RC parishes kept burial records especially for the 1800s, and none are listed for this parish on the index of historic films of the parish records in the National Library. It might be better checking for headstones - ie. memorial inscriptions.

The pay-website at RootsIreland mentions some transcripts of burials for the parish, but only covering 1892-1970

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Phil Tomlinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Clonaslee Cemetery lookup request
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 February 13 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the information Shane.  I am relatively new to Irish research and am learning as I go.  I have checked online sources and have ordered the Clonaslee microfilm from the LDS but have not found anything yet, although I was successful in finding baptisms entered in the Rosenallis registers.  I am hoping someone will be able to visit the cemetery on my behalf.

Thanks again,
Phil
Catholic families of the Amounderness region of Lancashire, England:  Tomlinson, Bamber, Gillow, et. al.
Dunn, Dempsey, McCabe from the Clonaslee area of Laois, Ireland.
Nolan, Kelly from Tipperarry, Ireland.