Author Topic: looking for the marriage of james casey and mary meade  (Read 1945 times)

Offline ginnerboy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
looking for the marriage of james casey and mary meade
« on: Saturday 02 February 13 06:14 GMT (UK) »
i am trying to trace the marriage date and locality of my great great grandfather james casey who married mary meade, they had a son called thomas who was born in newport co tipperary in about 1867-8, any of your great help would be brilliant.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: looking for the marriage of james casey and mary meade
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 February 13 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello and welcome to Rootschat  :)

Have you seen the births/baptisms on Family Search for James and Mary? For some reason the link won't work so all you need to do is to search for Casey with those parents and you see them.

At least one mentions Newport, Tipperary so that may be a start for you. I see you already have Newport so you may have already tried to search there.

http://tipperarynorth.rootsireland.ie/search.php shows some baptisms to this couple also but I can't see a marriage in the index search. It is a pay site and the quality of information varies I think.

You could also send for the birth registration for Thomas which would give his father's occupation and more information re a townland.

regards
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline feno

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 February 13 22:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi ginner boy,James was married pre 1865 iwould think because Ellen Casey d.o.b.23/11/1865.in Newport,Thomas d.o.b.29/4/1868. Mary d.o.b.7/4/1871.and William d.o.b.18/8/1873.all baptised in Newport,co Tipp,to James and Mary[ Meade] Casey. best of  luck, Tom.

Offline OTBTresearch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 April 13 09:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom,

you can also see the births on familysearch.org/search

Ellen born Newport 23 Nov 1865, Thomas born Newport 29 Apr 1868, Mary born Newport 7 APr 1871,
William born 18 Aug 1873, James born 1877. Mother is Meade, Maid, Made (ea in Tipperary is often pronounced more like a than e)

William appear to have died in 1875.

There is no obvious record of a marriage in Newport but it is possible it is misindexed or that Mary was married previously. In the family search transcript there is a James Casey married in 1864 in Limerick district to a Mary Casey and all the other on the page are given as Casey, this could be a transcription error and it might be worth order a search in the General Register Office in Roscommon to confirm whether or not she was Mary Casey.

Good Luck

Cecile Mulcahy