Author Topic: CAMPIN (Eunice/Nora)  (Read 717 times)

Offline Jamesk10

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
CAMPIN (Eunice/Nora)
« on: Sunday 03 February 13 00:23 GMT (UK) »
Seeking some advice over this relative:

The 1911 census shows her as Nora Eunice Campin, born 1907 Bicester, parents Arthur John Campin and Eunice Annie.

The only marriage record I can find is for a Eunice N Campin Q4 1928 St Giles London to George W Parkinson, this looks probably the right one for her if consider a switch of first name used.

The only death record I can find is for a Eunice Nora Parkinson Q4 1975 Surrey which looks probable particularly with a date of birth stated as 18/12/1906 which agrees with 1907 estimate.

It would be OK to reason that she went by first name Eunice second name Nora, contrary to the earlier census records? If so then this all makes sense.
Keen, Prinz, Printz, Melhuish, King, Croxford, Bedding,

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
Re: CAMPIN (Eunice/Nora)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 February 13 02:40 GMT (UK) »

Hi

If Mum's name was Eunice as well then chances are that it was less confusing for the family if the person you are searching for was known by either a nickname or her second christian name.

Cheers
Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jamesk10

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: CAMPIN (Eunice/Nora)
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 February 13 11:39 GMT (UK) »
Think I've figured this out now. The marriage and death records both say Eunice Nora. The name of Nora Eunice is what is on the census records - but just found the birth record and that says Eunice Nora. So looks as though she was known as Nora within the family so as to avoid confusion with her mother Eunice Annie, but was actually Eunice on BMD records.
Keen, Prinz, Printz, Melhuish, King, Croxford, Bedding,