Author Topic: St Louis, MO, 1900 Census - DeHodiamont or Hodiamont Avenue  (Read 749 times)

Offline kg0279

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Louis, MO, 1900 Census - DeHodiamont or Hodiamont Avenue
« on: Friday 08 February 13 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am hoping that someone is familiar with the 1900 St Louis Census.  I am looking for an entry for 1451 Hodiamont Avenue but cannot find it.
I have checked the http://stevemorse.org site for the Enumeration District (409) and have gone though page by page.  Hodiamont is on there but I cannot find any addresses around 1451.
The link I have is to a Matt[hew] Keefe listed in the 1901 City Directory at "1451a Hodiamont Avenue. Occupation - Insp." I want to check the address on the closest dated census.

Does anyone have any information about DeHodiamont Avanue?

Regards

Kevin
Gay, Flood, Keefe, Ennis:                           Westmeath Ireland.
Flood, Keefe Ennis:                                    Chicago, St. Louis, New York.
Kaveney, Burke:                                         Ireland, Staffordhire.
Hunt, Davis, Taylor, West, Fox, Spencer:    Loughborough, Leicester, Rutland, Northants.
Wise, Farrow, Garbett, Oakley:                  North Yorks, Cleveland
HOFSTÄTTER, Konrad, Geiregger:             Austria, Germany

Offline DHYoung

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: St Louis, MO, 1900 Census - DeHodiamont or Hodiamont Avenue
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 March 13 21:06 GMT (UK) »
I'm not familiar with DeHodiamont, but there is a Matt J Keefe and wife Jennie on the 1910 Census, in St. Louis, Ward 17; what are you looking for?

Offline kg0279

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 March 13 21:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thanks for coming back to me. I have the 1910 census and yes these are the same Matt and Jenny that I am looking for. The city directories have them both listed but I'm struggling with the 1901 census. Many thanks anyway!
Gay, Flood, Keefe, Ennis:                           Westmeath Ireland.
Flood, Keefe Ennis:                                    Chicago, St. Louis, New York.
Kaveney, Burke:                                         Ireland, Staffordhire.
Hunt, Davis, Taylor, West, Fox, Spencer:    Loughborough, Leicester, Rutland, Northants.
Wise, Farrow, Garbett, Oakley:                  North Yorks, Cleveland
HOFSTÄTTER, Konrad, Geiregger:             Austria, Germany

Offline DHYoung

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 26 March 13 19:41 GMT (UK) »
I've gone through again and done a more detailed search, but did not come up with anything definitive.  I do find an M J Keefe and Jennie with Betty and Belley as children in Iowa as of 1 Jan 1925, but his birthplace is listed as Illinois.

I also found another family of Keefes in St. Louis on the 1870 Census, but that predates your Matthew's arrival in the US.

I'm certainly not an expert on St. Louis, having only been there a few times, but based on the searches I did, I'm confident that the street name itself is Hodiamont.

I'll do some more poking around - sorry I couldn't be of more help.