Author Topic: Ivy Joyce Wilson  (Read 1758 times)

Offline chrissiehope

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Ivy Joyce Wilson
« on: Saturday 16 February 13 00:02 GMT (UK) »
My friend has asked me to help trace this relative. We don't have a lot of info, but the lady (now decd) was born 22.12.1920, probably in the Elgin (Moray) area. We also know she had a son, possibly still living, at a place called Fyvie House in Elgin. This child was born 13.12.1943 and was adopted not long after the birth, and taken to the Edgware area of London (there is a photo of him at 6 weeks, taken by a local photographer)

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but if anyone recognises the name &/or has any inof, however small, we would be very grateful

I have posted this on the Moray board, but posted here too, just on the off chance ;D
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,635956.0.html

Cheers
Hindley family (Chesh/NWales), Hope family (Chesh), Sheppard family (London), Carlisle family (London), Welch family (London/Notts).
Abergele town/area esp Chapel St/Post Office Lane 1800-1900

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Ivy Joyce Wilson
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 February 13 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Scotlands People has 2 matches for her name both in 1921 (as she was born late Dec - birth probably only registered after the New Year) but not in Moray

You will not be able to view online - 100yr rule applies

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 February 13 10:08 GMT (UK) »
An Ivy Joyce Wilson, aged 76, died in Scotland in 1997. You won't be able to view the death certificate online at www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk as it is too recent, but you can get a copy of it through Scotland's People, or you can try to find some kind soul who is going to the Scotland's People Centre and would be willing to transcribe it for you. The certificate will tell you the full names of both her parents, including her mother's maiden surname, and the name(s) of her husband(s), if she ever married.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline chrissiehope

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 February 13 10:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank you  :) - I will follow that up
Hindley family (Chesh/NWales), Hope family (Chesh), Sheppard family (London), Carlisle family (London), Welch family (London/Notts).

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 February 13 13:58 GMT (UK) »
The 2 births registered in 1921 are in different counties(Lanark & Renfrew)
May have been registered twice or different births  :-\

Do you know the maiden surname of Ivy's mother ?

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline chrissiehope

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 16 February 13 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Not at the moment - I will ask my friend if they know, but I'm not holding my breath... ;)

Offline chrissiehope

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 20 September 14 13:05 BST (UK) »
It's been a while since I posted this, but recently I have resurrected the search, and so here's an update   :)

I now have a copy of the birth cert, which gives no mention of the 'Scottish' connection, but gives a 'mothers' maiden name. On speaking with my friend, it transpires that this surname was also the surname of his grandmother's second husband !!! So definitely on the right track   :)

Following further rummaging, I have worked out that the 'mother' adopted the illegitimate son of her step-brother's wife   ::)

I have also found the 'mother' on GenesReunited, on a tree owned by someone with the name I'm looking for - hooray, I thought, but no - despite various messages sent, I have not had a response  . Of course it is possible that he has died but his tree is still online....  :(

Anyway, I have now resorted to the Electoral Rolls, and have sent letters to 3 people who are (vaguely !) close to the right area - if they don't work out, then I'm open to suggestions as to what to try next ....  ;)