Author Topic: robert staulkey  (Read 2587 times)

Offline harrywrag

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
robert staulkey
« on: Monday 18 February 13 15:49 GMT (UK) »
 pr look up please cant remember if ive asked this before looking for robert staulkey born 21 2  1804 trying to get further back with name staulkey have him at leiston suffolk any help much appreciated

thanks

harrywrag

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: robert staulkey
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 February 13 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I can't help you with Robert's parents, but I thought his burial, and that of his probable wife, Martha may be of interest?
Burials at St Margaret, Leiston, Suffolk:-
30th December 1893, Robert STAULKEY, aged 89
4th February, 1895, Martha STAULKEY, aged 90
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline harrywrag

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 February 13 14:28 GMT (UK) »
hi victor,
             thank you so much for the info, i already have this and have managed to pay a visit to roberts grave at st.margarets leiston roberts wife martha (chandler) i was hoping to get further back with the name staulkey but have hit a brick wall roberts son henry robert is burried  in next grave to robert & martha with his son william edward (dob 13/6/1836 death 16/5/1874) the name is very unusual and has just managed to keep going but will now die out  robert says on cencus returns born at leiston but no sigs of the name think spelling may have been altered along the way sumwhere perhaps, i know that robert was sexton at st.margarets and gardner to the reverand  their, i got this from newspaper cuttings ipswich journal any help from anyone would be most greatfull, thanks again victor

harrywrag

Offline suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Catherine Sandys & Sarah Richardson,where are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 February 13 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Has anyone looked in Leiston parish registers?
Census information is Crown Copyright  -  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline harrywrag

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 27 February 13 14:45 GMT (UK) »
hi thanks would you have to visit record office at ipswich for parish records

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 27 February 13 16:32 GMT (UK) »
All three branches of the Suffolk Record Office have the parish records on micro fiche, at Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft.  If anyone going along they might be able to carry out a look up for you  ;)

Pat ...

Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline Keziah2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 11 March 13 11:33 GMT (UK) »
Robert STAULKEY married Martha CHANDLER 9 Feb 1830 Leiston with Sizewell.

It crossed my mind too that the name may have been corrupted as there are no other Staulkey burials recorded on the Suffolk Burial Index - could it have actually been STORKEY/STARKEY?  Quite a few Storkey/Storke burials in the parishes around that area unfortunately none in Leiston.

One Robert STORKY of Friston buried 31 Jul 1843 age 94 Friston, St Mary.  Not your man but could be an earlier generation. Friston is not far from Leiston.

Also found a Henry STORKEY (born Linstead Magna c1779) married to a Lucy Lines 1804 Chediston.  One son bpt in Chediston William 23 Feb 1806 (familysearch.org) - given the use of names for their son Henry Robert it might be a possible. Also Henry STORKEY (of Linstead Magna) married Sarah HESLOPP 13 Oct 1778 Fressingfield St Peter.

All speculative I know but something might come up.

This looks like the bpt of their son some distance from Leiston :)
Henry Robert STORKEY 13 Jun 1836 Walsham Le Willows.  Parents Robert & Martha STORKEY (source familysearch.org)

K

Offline harrywrag

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 12 March 13 15:52 GMT (UK) »
hi kezia,
             thank you for your kind info i do think the name perhaps has changed its interesting the name storkey i have visted the churchyard at st. margarets leiston and there is two gravestones there for the name staulkey another two beside them with connections robert was sexton at st.margarets and gardner to the reverand so looks like he set aside grave plots also there is a grave for storkey over the other side of churchyard william frederick  1872-1911 and wife ada (marjoram) and daughter louisa maud 1907-1916 i know my robert staulkey was in alfspuddle in 1841 cencus with wife martha and son henry all the rest has him at leiston the storkey grave at st.margarets gets interesting in that the local museum at leiston (formerlt garrets works ) has helped me find photos of my grt grandfather thomas george staulkey and later they contacted me with some info that a lady from leiston had come into the museum with a carriage lamp turns out the l;amp belongonged to the works and town fire engine horsedrawn but also she had a teapot that was in the family from way back and it contained two names that of william frederick storkey and that of thomas george staulkey so sumone must have been on same track as trying to get link also papers foe william frederick making his way to leiston from the brittish army in india to marry ada (marjoram) we just cant get connection so looks like a mystery also you mention firston for a robert staulkey its interesting that my robert staulkeys son henry staulkey married a girl from firston mary ann forster looks like it will be all gues work till perhaps the missing link appears thank you for your kind help p.s the name staulkey will die out only one other and me

allan

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 13 March 13 19:48 GMT (UK) »
Just being curious Allan (or downright nosey) but what is 'Alfspuddle'?
Four years old grandson has been in a lot of puddles today, we drove via Leiston, over to Aldeburgh today  ;D

Pat ...
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?