Author Topic: thomas tutty in r.i.c.  (Read 3780 times)

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
thomas tutty in r.i.c.
« on: Friday 01 March 13 09:04 GMT (UK) »
can anyone help with this,thomas tutty was in the r.i.c. about 1845-1850.any information on him,i would be grateful,he was from co.wicklow.thank you in advanc

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: thomas tuttyin r.i.c.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 March 13 09:07 GMT (UK) »
Simplest way to access his R.I.C. service record is to try ordering a copy from the P.S.N.I. museum - see : http://www.psni.police.uk/index/about-us/police_museum/museum_genealogy.htm

FamilySearch/LDS also have copies of the service records on MicroFilm, which you might be able to order locally.

Do you have any certs or records for Thomas, where did he end up ?

S.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: thomas tutty in r.i.c.
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 March 13 09:19 GMT (UK) »
there are quite a few Tutty listings on Griffith's valuation around Co. Wicklow- see : Tutty Co. Wicklow

These entries are from the mid 1850s. If Thomas was in the R.I.C. he would not be listed, but these could be relations - e.g. brothers, uncles etc...  might give an idea of which areas to check further

S.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: thomas tutty in r.i.c.
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 March 13 09:23 GMT (UK) »
thanks shane,i have not got anything on him at the moment,when i get something i will add it on,thanks for your time,tom