Author Topic: 20 Pulteney Street, Ullapool  (Read 3435 times)

Offline heilanlassie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
20 Pulteney Street, Ullapool
« on: Tuesday 12 March 13 11:51 GMT (UK) »
A family member has just given me a bible which belonged to my mother when she was a child - it was discovered when she was clearing out her mother's house.

The address inside is 20 Pulteney Street, Ullapool and dated 1919.

Is there anyone on this Forum who would be able to take a photograph of number 20 Pulteney Street, Ullapool for me? I would be very grateful.
Researching the names Mckenzie / Mackenzie from Ross and Cromarty especially Scoraig and Rherivach.

The names Fraser, MacGillivary and Grant from Daviot & Dunlichity.

The name of Fraser from Lanarkshire.

The name of Bell from Northumberland.

The name Chilla / Chylla / Chyla from Poland.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Pulteney Street, Ullapool
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 March 13 12:34 GMT (UK) »
What a great find for you!

Hopefully someone local may be able to confirm. I think 20 Pulteney Street, Ullapool shows clearly on Streetview on http://maps.google.co.uk/. Search for 20 Pulteney St Ullapool, Highland IV26 2UP

No.20 shows with a brown wooden door and hanging flowers either side, a green car parked to the side. May now be called 'Victor Cottage'?

Have fun going up and down the street. There are some new properties, but not too many to detract from original buildings.

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline heilanlassie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 March 13 12:52 GMT (UK) »
What a great find for you!

Hopefully someone local may be able to confirm. I think 20 Pulteney Street, Ullapool shows clearly on Streetview on http://maps.google.co.uk/. Search for 20 Pulteney St Ullapool, Highland IV26 2UP

No.20 shows with a brown wooden door and hanging flowers either side, a green car parked to the side. May now be called 'Victor Cottage'?

Have fun going up and down the street. There are some new properties, but not too many to detract from original buildings.

Monica  :)

Thanks Monica,
Obviously I'm doing something wrong, 'cos all I can see when I do the search for 20 Pulteney Street is the side of a white house - no brown door, hanging flowers or green car.

I wish I could physically wander up and down the street - but Ullapool is a long way away from Spain.............................
Researching the names Mckenzie / Mackenzie from Ross and Cromarty especially Scoraig and Rherivach.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 March 13 13:04 GMT (UK) »
Spain is certainly a long way away for sure....lucky you with the sun  ;)

Using streetview is a little bit like getting the hang of a bicycle or something! Pick up your yellow man and drop on to the street. I think when I do it, I start in Ladysmith Street (look always to the little map on the bottom r/h corner. This tells you always where you are).

Use the directional arrows on the road just click and it moves forward. You also use the directional wheel to move right/left up/down.

However, I have taken some screenshots!  If you can use the PM system to send me an email I can use, happy to send these to you.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 12 March 13 13:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi

As it happens, I shall be going up next week for a few weeks - so if you can wait, I'll take some then.

Gadget

(PS - I think I have your e-mail from doing a patchwork of the gravestone, so could send direct!)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline heilanlassie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 12 March 13 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi

As it happens, I shall be going up next week for a few weeks - so if you can wait, I'll take some then.

Gadget

(PS - I think I have your e-mail from doing a patchwork of the gravestone, so could send direct!)

That would be brilliant.

Of course I can wait - your help is always much appreciated.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 30 March 13 20:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Photos take this am - but I can't find your e-mail. Please can you send it via PM.

The weather was superb up there today and I feel very sad to leave. As we travelled south, it all got worse - and the driving  deteriotrated as well!

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***