Author Topic: St Mary The Virgin, Deane, Bolton churchyard  (Read 3785 times)

Offline Shirleyjjj

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Mary The Virgin, Deane, Bolton churchyard
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 23 April 14 12:41 BST (UK) »
hi all,

I  found another way in a few months back ( i dont  know how i missed it passed the scout hut ) . i have sent the church a few emails offering to help transcribe the back of the graveyard as i think as i recall only the front of the church has been done. ( there is MI book for the rest at th library)We can only do this in summer but in the meantime keep and eye on find a grave as ive put a few more on since last time  and if there is any name you are particularly interested in let me know and Ill see if I can find it.

Andrea

Offline Neil Hardman

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Mary The Virgin, Deane, Bolton churchyard
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 18 November 18 13:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, I'm new to this site, thank you for allowing me to join.

I have been down to the churchyard this weekend to try and find my ancestors graves, My mother still living (80) has informed me that her mother and farther married at the church (1935), mother buried (1958) and possibly a child buried there (1935-38), my mother said she can remember going to her mothers grave one day, think 60's and they said her grave had collapsed down the banking and they had now fenced the areas off.
I've found the marriage records but how would i find if my ancestors where buried in the churchyard, can anybody help. 

Name is Ethel Mary Gill (Nee Templeman) and Arthur Bar Gill, (think they dropped Bar at the marriage)

Regards
Neil