Author Topic: Sir Charles Algernon Parsons Obituary and Wedding photographs  (Read 4319 times)

Offline c.clarke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sir Charles Algernon Parsons Obituary and Wedding photographs
« on: Sunday 24 March 13 16:13 GMT (UK) »
I have in my possession an Obituary notice and 2 beautiful wedding photographs and one of a baby taken by James Bacon & Sons Photography of Sir Charles Algernon Parsons born at 10 Connaught Place London on June 13th 1854, died February 11th 1931.  He was the fourth son of William, third Earl of Rosse.
  Memorial service 3rd March 1931 at 2pm at St Nicholas Cathedral Newcastle upon Tyne.  Married to Katherine Bethell, daughter of William Bethell of Rise Park Yorkshire.  They had one son who was killed in the Army and one daughter.
If anyone has any information on the family or how I can reunite them with these items then I would appreciate you getting in touch.
Thank you.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sir Charles Algernon Parsons Obituary and Wedding photographs
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 March 13 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi...There are several matching trees for this person on Ancestry and I'm sure they would be delighted to hear from you.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline c.clarke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sir Charles Algernon Parsons Obituary and Wedding photographs
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 March 13 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi...There are several matching trees for this person on Ancestry and I'm sure they would be delighted to hear from you.
Carol

Hi Carol,
Thanks for your reply, i am new to this so not sure what im doing but really appreciate the information that you have provided me with  :).  Where would i find Ancestry please? is it something i would find on this site or do i have to go onto something else?
Many thanks,
Carol.