Author Topic: Manor Park Cemetery : Where is Square A ?  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Ravelin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Manor Park Cemetery : Where is Square A ?
« on: Saturday 30 March 13 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello

My Great Grandmother is buried in Square A at Manor Park Cemetery, Sebert Road.

I have looked at the cemetery map but there is no Square A.

Would anyone know where Square A is ?

Thank you in advance.

Ravelin

Offline old rowley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • first steps
    • View Profile
Re: Manor Park Cemetery : Where is Square A ?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 March 13 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ravelin, if you were to enter the cemetery via Sebert Road, go past the office on the right and carry on until the "road" forks with Cromwell Crescent on the right and the continuation of Centre drive (which leads on to the chapel) Sq A would be to the right and in front of you (if that makes any sense. It is also bordered by Wymans Way which is to the right of the chapel looking from Sebert Road. What grave area number are you looking for in Sq A?

OR.
Claxton- East London & Essex<br />Cuthbert- Mile End East London <br />Edwards - East London & Essex<br />Goll- Norfolk<br />Harris-Mile End East London<br />Hurr - Suffolk<br />Law- Bethnal Green East London<br />Moll- East London<br />Robinson- Bethnal Green East London<br />Tait- Argyll & Glasgow<br />Thompson Shoreditch East london<br />Watson- Glasgow<br />Wood- Bethnal Green East London<br /><br />Local history interest; Noak Hill & Harold Hill Essex<br /><br />census information crown cop

Offline Ravelin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 March 13 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello old rowley

Thank you very much for helping me locate Square A.

So i guess that Square A is the whole of the area bordered by, Centre Drive, Cornwell Crescent and Wymans Way.

My Great Grandmother is buried in grave number 1348.

I have three other Great Grandparents buried in Square B. Also a Great Great Grandad buried in Square 43. Square 43 is also not on the map but i have seen another thread on Rootschat stating that Square 43 is now LG9 & 200.

Ravelin

Offline old rowley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • first steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 30 March 13 20:22 GMT (UK) »
You are right with the location of Sq A. being bordered by the named turnings and Sq 43 is indeed covered now by LG9 & 200. The last time that I was there Sq A was very over grown as I could not gain access to any of it to see the graves of my rellies who are buried in that area.

Sq B by the way is on the other side of Centre Drive and is bordered not only by that "road" but also by Manor Avenue and Garden Way.

OR.
Claxton- East London & Essex<br />Cuthbert- Mile End East London <br />Edwards - East London & Essex<br />Goll- Norfolk<br />Harris-Mile End East London<br />Hurr - Suffolk<br />Law- Bethnal Green East London<br />Moll- East London<br />Robinson- Bethnal Green East London<br />Tait- Argyll & Glasgow<br />Thompson Shoreditch East london<br />Watson- Glasgow<br />Wood- Bethnal Green East London<br /><br />Local history interest; Noak Hill & Harold Hill Essex<br /><br />census information crown cop

Offline Ravelin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 30 March 13 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the further info.

A shame to hear that Square A was overgrown when you visited. Looking at Square A from an aerial view on the Bing Maps website it looks like the area has been tidied up since you visited.

Yes i see that Square B is roughly in the middle of the area bordered by Centre Drive, Manor Avenue, and Garden View.

I am hoping to visit the Cemetery sometime in the future.

Ravelin

Offline gerryni

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 08 January 20 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Square A is now called Chapel View (CV) you can see this on the map provided by the cemetery. My grandmother is buried in Square A my grandfather in Square B with a number of unrelated people. There are now other people buried on top of the remains it seems a shame that my grandfather served in the 1st World War and died at the young age of 46 no doubt partly caused by his stressful time in the war is now buried in a location where I can even go and pay my respect to him. My grandmother died at the young age of 41 I guess life was tough in London during this period.