Author Topic: Patrick Kenney/ Mary/Maria Hickey/ Limerick  (Read 3277 times)

Offline bmk923

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Patrick Kenney/ Mary/Maria Hickey/ Limerick
« on: Thursday 04 April 13 18:20 BST (UK) »
I can't really go back to far on my Kenney side of the family.    I do know that Patrick Kenney was born about 1842 and Mary/Maria Hickey was born about 1839.  They had John P. Kenney in Illinois.  John had a sister, Kate.   Through ancestry.com, I found Chicago censuses that list that Kate was born about 1862, and John was born about 1875.  Then other IL records say that Kate was born in 1877.  I do have John's obituary (he's my great great grandfather), how I knew his parents names 

I found a marriage record for a Patrick Kenney and Maria Hickey in Limerick in 1860 in the BALLINGARRY District.  I'm only assuming its my relatives. 

I dont even know how to begin researching them or figuring out anything.  Any ideas?

Offline bmk923

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Kenney/ Mary/Maria Hickey/ Limerick
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 September 13 20:08 BST (UK) »
Since this first post I've been able to get alot more information on the Kenneys.   I was able to pinpoint that their daughter Catherine Kenney was in fact born in 1862 (however lied on her records here in Chicago saying she was born in 1877).  Her first husband was Patrick Kiley, also from Limerick.  They had a child, Alexander.  Alexander and Patrick died before 1900.

Patrick & Mary Kenney (nee Hickey) are buried with their grandson, Alexander and son in Law Patrick Kiley.  They are also buried with a John Kenney b around 1839 and he died 7/25/1917.

The tricky thing is I can't find out any more information on John.  His death certificate doesn't list his wife (he was a widow) so I don't know if he had any kids.  I know this family is from the Ballingarry District.  but with the names of Patrick & John Kenney, seems way too common.

Any ideas on how I can try and figure out their parents names?