Author Topic: Looking up an address on 1891 Census  (Read 406 times)

Offline DavidCowley53

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking up an address on 1891 Census
« on: Thursday 11 April 13 15:28 BST (UK) »
I can't locate my ancenstors on the UK 1891 census although I have found them in 1881 and 1901.  Based on the birth of one of the sons I know where they lived in 1887 and I know where they were living in 1901.  My question is there some way of looking at census info based on address using ancestry.co.uk?  The street addresses I'm interested in is 6 Arnot Street, Walton and and 105 Walton Road.  Or if someone can tell me what inputs to use for Folio, Piece, ED, Institution or Vessel and Ecc. Parish (inputs on ancestry) for these addresses that would be appreciated.  Thanks for any help.
David

Offline Lostris

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • diebus numerati sunt
    • View Profile
Re: Looking up an address on 1891 Census
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 April 13 15:50 BST (UK) »
Its a bit of a trawl on Ancestory - you have to work thru the images in the right district.

Get the Districts in Walton 1891 listed, and the first page of each link is the Enumerators 'walk' describing the district boundaries and the streets in the district ... when you have the District with the Street you want, then step thru the images looking at the addresses ...

In Lancs, there are 3 Parishes you need to determine if its:-
- Walton (only has Liverpool Prison, Little Sisters of the Poor St Josephs House & Workhouse 'districts')
- Walton le dale
- Walton on the Hill

Out of interest, whats the Family name & relevant details? - may be a mistran ...

Offline DavidCowley53

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 April 13 16:02 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for the family of John Cowley (may be dead in 1891) and Mary Jane Cowley (nee Brown).  In 1881 they were on Beatrice Street near the current day Kirkdale train station.

Thanks for the info.

David

Offline DavidCowley53

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 11 April 13 16:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks Lostris,

I was able to find them ;-)