Author Topic: Aberdeen Burials - Surname Runcie  (Read 1446 times)

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Aberdeen Burials - Surname Runcie
« on: Monday 22 April 13 21:02 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I am trying to trace the burials of two relatives who lived in Aberdeen. They were William & Isabella Runcie nee' Hill.

William died 25th July 1896 & his address was 21, Bank Street, Aberdeen. Isabella is still at the same address in 1901, when the address is shown as 21, Bank Street, St Machar, Aberdeen. I believe Isabella is on the 1911 census & died sometime after, although i don't know when.

Where would they be buried?

Any & all help with this would be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
Re: Aberdeen Burials - Surname Runcie
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 April 13 18:36 BST (UK) »
"I believe Isabella is on the 1911 census & died sometime after, although i don't know when."

Aged 89, died 1942, Aberdeen city.

Regards

Malky

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 April 13 21:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Malky,

Many thanks for your reply & info re Isabella's death, very much appreciated.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline RedMystic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Helen Cheyne (1863-1952)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 May 13 21:36 BST (UK) »
Hi DavidJP

Have you tried looking for them in the Aberdeenshire Cemetery Index? I'm not seeing them on a quick scan, but I thought the tool might be of benefit to you. Good luck.

http://www.anesfhs.org.uk/databank/miindex/miindex.php
MACDONALD of Benbecula, Scotland, Earlswood/Wapella Sask
BAIN of Aberdeenshire, Trafford district, Red Jacket and Moosomin, Sask
CHEYNE of Aberdeenshire & Trafford district, Sask
FISHER of Yorkshire, Ontario & Saskatchewan
INKSTER of Shetland, Edinburgh, Sask and BC
GAUNT of Yorkshire, Kent, BC & Australia
KINCH of Ireland, PEI, Ab, Sask
CORCORAN of Ireland, PEI & Sask
GOTZ / GOETZ of Soufflenheim, Alsace & Ont
MITTELHAUSSER of Soufflenheim, Alsace
MULLER or MILLER of Drusenheim, Alsace & Ont

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 May 13 20:39 BST (UK) »
Hi RedMystic,

Many thanks for the link, i will definately take a look at it.

Many thanks indeed, much appreciated.

Kind regards

David

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 11 May 13 00:01 BST (UK) »
If you look in the Links to Aberdeenshire Resources,& click on Aberdeen City Library,you'll note that they have the archives for the local newspapers.As you now have Isabella's date of death I suggest you email them & ask them to do a lookup in "the Press & Journal" for a funeral announcement. Hopefully you'll get the name of the burial ground & even better, she may be buried in the same lair as her husband.
Regards,
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 11 May 13 00:18 BST (UK) »
Hi flst,

Many thanks for your reply, it's much appreciated.

I will certainly look in the links as you suggest & email Aberdeen City Library.

Many thanks again.

Kind regards

David