Author Topic: Harry Norman Lee WEST  (Read 2852 times)

Offline BarossaPearl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Norman Lee WEST
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 May 13 08:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Gorton boy, thanks for the info. The man I am trying to track down is proving tricky. I have a copy of his marriage cert to  Florence Francis May HERBERT in WA on  1 January 1914. He gives his father's name and occupation as Edward J
amesWest, surgeon,  but states that he was born in Mount Gambler in S.A.. I have been unable to find any records of him or his parents in S.A. He also says that his mother's name was Elizabeth Lindsay, and again nothing. I do have copies of later court records in which he gives his full name as Harold Norman Lindsay West.  But I agree that there are just too many coincidences with these two.  Without going into too much detail on a public forum,  it would not surprise me that he has made up a history for himself that it is mix of fact and fiction.  To make matters worse, he also had a son named Harold Norman West, and I am wondering if that is the one who enlisted in WW2.  I would love to explore this more, but Iambic away from home at the moment and do not have access to all my information. I will contact you again when I get back, if that is OK and will email you a copy of the certs that I have.   Thanks Julie
Degenhardt Jarrett Hoare Kemp Coleman West