Author Topic: Arthur Henry Chambers b1914, tracing back  (Read 4337 times)

Offline PC_1965

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur Henry Chambers b1914, tracing back
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 09 June 13 02:17 BST (UK) »
Hi, I believe Arthur and Louise were my grandparents.

Online Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 09 June 13 15:39 BST (UK) »
Hi PC
I haven't worked foward from them so I don't know any of chldren/grandchildren etc. Louise certainly falls in to my direct line and doubtless way back it would seem that both families are connected pre 1800 in (or around) Wragby. I have a few photographs and certificates relating to varied cousins/aunts and uncles of Louisa too.  Tracing Louisa and my self back lead to the same couple (I would have to work it out but from memory I believe we are third cousins).

I'd be happy to share my findings with you, if you add a couple more posts onto rootschat then you can use the private message option and let me know your email addy  etc so I can send details to you if needed.

Glen

Offline PC_1965

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 09 June 13 15:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Glen, thank you for your reply and offer.  I have only just started looking into my family's background and was surprised to see a thread about my own grandparents.  I'm sure my father will be very interested in what you have found out.

Thanks again,

Penny

Online Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 09 June 13 16:23 BST (UK) »
You are very welcome Penny, researching the Chambers families in Lincoln can be a little confusing, there are times the different lines pop up in the same streets either at the same time or consecutive census returns for example and both lines have shared names (George Chambers in particular, there are several of them born in a very short timeframe for example). Hungate, Moor St, Newland Street West and that neighbourhood seems to figure quite a lot and I'm working through directories and census to see if anything crops up that might help unravel the different branches all the time.

As I said above I haven't traced forward from Louise so you will know more of that branch than I do but there are some lines I have worked forwards to the present day, many of them are still in and around Lincoln and I'm in touch with a couple of descendants in my direct line who live away from Lincoln nowadays. The earliest records I have found date to the latter part of the 1700's.