Author Topic: Challenger & Cox family ancestors in Bath  (Read 1689 times)

Offline mccarthygen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Challenger & Cox family ancestors in Bath
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 16 December 23 12:27 GMT (UK) »
In conjunction with a Challenger 3rd cousin, I have started a Challenger Y-DNA project at FTDNA to try to investigate origins back beyond paper records. Our own line descends from a Job Challenger probably buried at Lyncombe and Widcombe in 1796. (This is NOT the well-recorded Job of Clutton). We have a Y-DNA to another Challenger for whom we trace origins to Bath about 1810.

I have extensive experience in Y-DNA analysis and over 40 years of research into Challenger families. Origins may be in North Somerset Challoners. We encourage MALE members of these families to join us with a Y-DNA test. I'll be happy to discuss possibilities privately.

Offline mccarthygen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Challenger & Cox family ancestors in Bath
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 28 December 23 20:08 GMT (UK) »
I have started a Challenger Y-DNA project (with a Challenger male third cousin) to see how many of these families of North Somerset and Bristol are inter-related a century or two further back than written records take us. We have immediately found a DNA-matching line we knew nothing about (but unfortunately is beyond communication). If you have contact with male Challengers (and similar) please enroll them (or contact me with any questions).

Kind regards = Nigel McCarthy.