Author Topic: Looking for Info on The Hancock Family From Camrose Pembrokeshire, Wales  (Read 5722 times)

Offline susie89

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Info on The Hancock Family From Camrose Pembrokeshire, Wales
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 21 May 13 23:46 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have 7 children for Thomas Hancock and Sarah Hendy:
James 1784-1862; Richard 1786-1870; Elizabeth 1781- ?; Phillip 1789-1834; Thomas 1794 - ?
William 1797 - ?; Joseph 1804 - ?

All I Know about Sarah Hendy is her Father was Joseph Hendy and her mother Mary Brown, Sarah had a sister Elizabeth who died at 26.

Do you go in person to find info or do you get it online?

Thanks

Susie

Offline Rhosgoch

• RootsChat Member
  • Granny Betsy Saer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 May 13 17:44 BST (UK) »
I have the same 7 children as you, but I have William baptised in 1792 and Elizabeth in 1798.

The Pembrokeshire Parish Records are on Family Search, but to see the full details you must have a subscription to Findmypast.

Joseph Hendy and Mary Brown were married in Steynton on 2 April 1751. They had the following children baptised -

Elizabeth - 1 July 1753, in Steynton,

Abraham and Sarah - 24 February 1760, in Hubberston

Joseph - 20 October 1765, in Hubberston

There are also the marriage bans of Elizabeth Hendy to Hugh Gwilliam in Jan/Feb 1784 at Herbrandston. This is the next entry after Sarah and Thomas Hancock's marriage bans in Dec/Jan 1783/84. Is she Sarah's sister? It seems too much of a coincidence not to be.

Hope this is some help,

Rhosgoch

Offline susie89

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 23 May 13 10:09 BST (UK) »
Hi, not sure about Elizabeth Hendy (1769-1795) died age 26, I have her married to George Harries born 1763 with a marriage on 02/02/1788

Susie

Offline susie89

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 23 May 13 10:21 BST (UK) »
This is what I get from the  web on Elizabeth Hendy:

GEORGE HARRIES & ELIZABETH HENDY
The earliest that I have found of our HARRIES family is the marriage of a George HARRIES to Elizabeth HENDY at Rhoscrowther in 1788. George HARRIES was of the the parish of Castlemartin and Elizabeth HENDY of Rhoscrowther Parish. Elizabeth and George HARRIES baptised a son William at Castlemartin on 13 September 1789. Elizabeth may have then died, because an Elizabeth HARRIES was buried at Castlemartin on 17 January 1795 and George HARRIES would appear to have remarried in 1796 to Sarah HARTS. Both were of Castlemartin Parish.

Susie

Offline Rhosgoch

• RootsChat Member
  • Granny Betsy Saer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 23 May 13 18:30 BST (UK) »
I think Elizabeth Hendy (1769 - 1795) could be the one baptised in 1775 in Hodgeston, daughter of John and Margaret. Rhoscrowther and Hodgeston are both in the Castlemartin Hundred and the Pembroke side of the Haven. Your family is around Milford in the Rhos Hundred.

It seemed such a coincidence that Sarah and Elizabeth Hendy were married within a few weeks of each other and both of Herbrandston Parish. Anyway there are a few more names for you to research.

Regards,

Rhosgoch

Offline susie89

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 23 May 13 18:40 BST (UK) »
I made a mistake with Elizabeth her date of birth was 01/07/1753 just as you said. Was Abraham the twin of Sarah Hendy?  I can't find anything on him.  Thomas Hancock is also a puzzle as I cant find a birth or death date for him, I have been through all the wills on NLoW, but cant find one for him.  Thanks for all your help.

Susie  :)

Offline Rhosgoch

• RootsChat Member
  • Granny Betsy Saer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 23 May 13 23:45 BST (UK) »
There was no indication either way if they were twins. The wording was "Abraham the son and Sarah the daughter of Joseph Hendy and Mary his wife was baptised..." I couldn't find any burials connected to the family.

Hancock records for Hubberston are very patchy. Very few early ones. So I am afraid that is the end for Thomas, unless you are very lucky.

Glad to help,

Regards,

Rhosgoch

Offline susie89

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 30 May 13 23:47 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for any info on Martha Hancock born 1762 married to James Craig on 14/08/1781, Herbrandston Pembrokeshire, and Phillip Hancock born 09/08/1761 Herbrandston

Thanks

Susie