Author Topic: The Unexplained and Hypnotic Regression Family Search  (Read 28742 times)

Offline Malcolm33

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Unexplained and Hypnotic Regression Family Search
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 23 May 13 10:31 BST (UK) »

You could be right about the year and you're probably right about there being charlatans.  The point about the Catholic woman in the church vault hiding hoping not to be slaughtered was that there wasn't a vault in the church she described - that is until a year later when workmen discovered steps leading to a vault which had been bricked up before living memory.

There's such a lot about the brain which we don't know about that it could be possible memories are passed down the generations.

Memory isn't just in the brain Rena.   We now know that the heart is full of memory and even in other organs.    Just look at the organ transplant recipients who have received some of the most extraordinary memories from their donors.    However I know that on the odd occasion I have definitely received information from an outside source.   I have personal proof, not just evidence.  The thing is until it happens to you personally it is very difficult to accept that it is happening.   

I honestly have found life a million times richer since I allowed that these things are possible - but I continue to question all that happens.  That is most important.
Hutton: Eccleshill,Queensbury
Grant: Babworth,Chinley
Draffan: Lesmahagow,Douglas,Coylton, Consett
Oliver: Tanfield, Sunderland, Consett
Proudlock: Northumberland
Turnbull:Northumberland, Durham
Robson:Sunderland, Northumberland
Dent: Dufton, Arkengarthdale, Hunstanworth
Currie: Coylton
Morris and Hurst: East Retford, Blyth, Worksop
Elliot: Castleton, Hunstanworth, Consett
Tassie, Greenshields

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 23 May 13 10:44 BST (UK) »

Sceptism is good and necessary since we must always question from every angle and in the greatest depth.   Having done that myself and examined so many cases we are definitely left with the only possible explanation which is that something extraordinary is happening.    Closing one's mind to any possibility doesn't help that person to increase their personal learning. 

The Rose Duncan case in Peter Ramster's research so many years ago is very conclusive.  Even so we cannot rule out the possibility that we are tapping into some type of hard disk in an enormous universal computer.   The information is there but is it the memory of someone now living or are they picking it up from a memory bank?

If you were to go back in time and tell people that we would one day be able to talk to and see people on the other side of the world or even on the moon, they would have locked you away if not had you executed.    Let us not be as backward as that now.     I still can't get my head around new back up drives that contain up to 3 terrabytes of information in such a tiny package.   How is it packed in there?     Yet a human cell alone contains much more information and there are billions of them in a hair follicle.

The good news for the greatest sceptics is that the door to knowledge is not locked away from them in the end.   

We are bundles of energy and energy cannot be destroyed, it lasts forever.

Hi Malcolm

I don't particularly want to redirect this thread, because clearly I'm in a minority here! However, I would say there is a huge difference between walking on the moon, data storage, telecommunications etc and the ideas of "psychic energy", reincarnation, spiritualism etc. One is science based and the other simply isn't. Although cases such as those above are  quoted  as being "completely conclusive", I'm afraid that they are far from this. It's quite interesting that the notorious fraudster Uri Geller is being mentioned on the same page as these other claims.

regards

Mike

Offline Richard Knott

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 23 May 13 11:43 BST (UK) »
I don't particularly want to redirect this thread, because clearly I'm in a minority here! Mike

Am happy to show that you aren't alone!

There are lots of sites showing that regression is much more likely to be something else, and that the unexplained normally has a simple explanation. Bloxham, for instance, is debunked here:
http://skepdic.com/bloxham.html

Randi does have the benefit of being scientific, and is still waiting for his $1,000,000 to be claimed if anyone can demontrate anything supernatural. Conspiracy theories and the supernatural have always had an attraction, but if others choose to believe the semi-plausible or the frankly potty, that's their choice.

Just off to a scientology meeting...

Richard
All the families I am researching are listed on the main page here:
www.64regencyancestors.com

Census: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Malcolm33

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 23 May 13 20:54 BST (UK) »
I don't particularly want to redirect this thread, because clearly I'm in a minority here! Mike

Am happy to show that you aren't alone!

There are lots of sites showing that regression is much more likely to be something else, and that the unexplained normally has a simple explanation. Bloxham, for instance, is debunked here:
http://skepdic.com/bloxham.html

Randi does have the benefit of being scientific, and is still waiting for his $1,000,000 to be claimed if anyone can demontrate anything supernatural. Conspiracy theories and the supernatural have always had an attraction, but if others choose to believe the semi-plausible or the frankly potty, that's their choice.

Just off to a scientology meeting...

Richard

The million dollars was claimed but Randi reneged on his promis.     He has also been exposed as being a lot less than he claims.
Tassie, Greenshields

Offline Deakin2014

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 12:08 BST (UK) »
Who was the lady who did the hypnosis? I'd like to know because I'd like to get in touch with her as I am wanting the same experience Toby had got.

Offline youngtug

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 15:36 BST (UK) »

The million dollars was claimed but Randi reneged on his promis.     He has also been exposed as being a lot less than he claims.
    By whom, and what was the proof that was given?
.http://www.rootschat.com/links/05q2/   
  WILSON;-Wiltshire.
 SOUL;-Gloucestershire.
 SANSUM;-Berkshire-Wiltshire
 BASSON-BASTON;- Berkshire,- Oxfordshire.
 BRIDGES;- Wiltshire.
 DOWDESWELL;-Wiltshire,Gloucestershire
 JORDAN;- Berkshire.
 COX;- Berkshire.
 GOUDY;- Suffolk.
 CHATFIELD;-Sussex-- London
 MORGAN;-Blaenavon-Abersychan
 FISHER;- Berkshire.
 BLOMFIELD-BLOOMFIELD-BLUMFIELD;-Suffolk.
DOVE. Essex-London
YOUNG-Berkshire
ARDEN.
PINEGAR-COLLIER-HUGHES-JEFFERIES-HUNT-MOSS-FRY

Offline Malcolm33

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 20:54 BST (UK) »

By whom, and what was the proof that was given?

There have been a number of cases which have shown up Randi and one went into great detail in a television programme some years ago.   This involved homeopathy.    The cases against him have been listed here - http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Page30.htm

Generally he investigates psychics before taking them on and only goes for the known fakes for which he is to be applauded.

However he avoids genuine psychics like the plague.

"when someone’s about to win, he gets scared and finds excuses not to go through with it."

There is another factor I know to be involved and that is that people like Randi have some strong negative energy about them which can cancel out anything that is spiritually good.   I've witnessed this myself.

In the end it matters not what you want to believe as long as you don't spread sadness to other people.  By that I mean trying to convince them that death is the end and that they will never see their loved ones again.  This is cruel.
Tassie, Greenshields

Offline youngtug

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 21:33 BST (UK) »
I'm afraid that nothing I, or others say, it will not alter your views.
.http://www.rootschat.com/links/05q2/   
  WILSON;-Wiltshire.
 SOUL;-Gloucestershire.
 SANSUM;-Berkshire-Wiltshire
 BASSON-BASTON;- Berkshire,- Oxfordshire.
 BRIDGES;- Wiltshire.
 DOWDESWELL;-Wiltshire,Gloucestershire
 JORDAN;- Berkshire.
 COX;- Berkshire.
 GOUDY;- Suffolk.
 CHATFIELD;-Sussex-- London
 MORGAN;-Blaenavon-Abersychan
 FISHER;- Berkshire.
 BLOMFIELD-BLOOMFIELD-BLUMFIELD;-Suffolk.
DOVE. Essex-London
YOUNG-Berkshire
ARDEN.
PINEGAR-COLLIER-HUGHES-JEFFERIES-HUNT-MOSS-FRY

Offline Malcolm33

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 21:48 BST (UK) »
I'm afraid that nothing I, or others say, it will not alter your views.

Not really true, youngtug.    I always keep an open mind, and am always searching for explanations which could bring new light on to the many experiences I have gone through and witnessed.    For instance when an unknown medium in Melbourne immediately came up with my late wife's name and several things that happened before her death, was the some way that he could have discovered what happened in the privacy of my daughter's home the previous two nights?   What happened was discussed, though hardly anybody outside of my family knew of it then.    The only possible alternative is mind reading, but then if it was that then there was something unusual happening anyway.

I've even gone deeply into quantum mechanics to try to understand what could be happening on a sub atomic level.
Tassie, Greenshields