Author Topic: Look Up Request - Glasgow area  (Read 1057 times)

Offline STAN54

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Look Up Request - Glasgow area
« on: Tuesday 21 May 13 10:12 BST (UK) »
Hello to all. Last year and into early this year, I carried out some research into a lost WW2 RAF bomber that crashed in my area (Colchester, North Essex), and I received some excellent help from members on here. Suffice to say the last persons relatives I was looking for were found as a direct result of members help. 'Carole.W.' in particular was very supportive.

I've been approached by someone in Nottingham carrying out similar research for advice and help in trying to find a crew member of another aircraft. As a matter of interest this aircraft and crew met there fate just ten minutes after the one I have researched. Both bombers had been on a mission to Karlsruhe, Germany, and both were back over England when they were shot down by German Night Fighters over different parts of the country.

The person who being sought is JOHN ANDERSON who was born in 1924 in Glasgow.
? whether this person is still living but it is highly likely he stayed in Glasgow after the war.

Any help on behalf of Michael Harrison would be appreciated.

Offline Drop Bear

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up Request - Glasgow area
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 June 13 07:06 BST (UK) »
Having spent a fair bit of time looking into this, I found this link to save others some time

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,391934.0.html

All of the research that I have found through the internet appears to have been done by the above mentioned Michael Harrison.

I did although find a burial in Cranwell Cemetery of a John S Anderson died 12th July 1988 aged 65 Flight Lieut RAF. Don't know what your John's middle name was and I also note that your John was a Flight Sgt not a Lieut

Good luck with your search and I hope that an outcome is found similar to the one already completed
Baxter: Lanarkshire, Slamannan
Jordan: Lanarkshire, Staffordshire
McFarlane: Lanarkshire
Mitchell: Ireland to Scotland, Canada & New Zealand
Farrell: Lanarkshire, Ireland, New York
Fagan: Lanarkshire, Ireland
Hogg: Lanarkshire, Ireland