Author Topic: Archives Cantonales Vaudoises  (Read 300 times)

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
Archives Cantonales Vaudoises
« on: Tuesday 21 May 13 20:03 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have been studying the website for the Archives Cantonales Vaudoises and think I am missing something.

Would anyone be able to help answer a couple of questions please?  Can one just turn up at Lausanne - I am interested in 17th century records for the parish of Daillens.  Do I need something like a CARN that I have in the UK and if so what would I need to prove who I am - given that I am British?  ::)

I have read somewhere else that some records are now in the Bernese Archives but logic suggests that since Swiss records tend to stay in the Canton rather than be held centrally, would some be at Berne only because at one time in the past, Vaud came under Berne?

Thank you,

Liz   8)
Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Archives Cantonales Vaudoises
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 May 13 11:38 BST (UK) »
I did see a reference to registration (required once a year), but no specifics on what is required. It would probably be best to contact them (I think there's an email somewhere on there) - check if they do hold the records, what format they're in, if you need to pre-book to use a microfilm reader, etc.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
Re: Archives Cantonales Vaudoises
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 May 13 19:46 BST (UK) »
 :) Thank you for replying, I will try to contact them  ;D

Liz
Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk