Author Topic: Can Rootschat members help? - Lost Teddy Bear 'Seeks' Owner  (Read 123299 times)

Offline Hampshire Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Can Rootschat members help? - Lost Teddy Bear 'Seeks' Owner
« Reply #225 on: Thursday 06 June 13 08:59 BST (UK) »
Ooh yes....bagsie the Tobblerone   :)

Thin red line about sums it all up Jane  :)
Best wishes HL

Census information is crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: Thursday 06 June 13 09:06 BST (UK) »
Waiting for words of wisdom from Trystan but perhaps he's still asleep...shhhhhhh  :)
Jane

Well you might wait a long time to get words of wisdom from me...  ::) but I am now awake, and slurping a strong cup of tea anyhow.  :)

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: Thursday 06 June 13 09:21 BST (UK) »
Toblerone!!!
Beary Delicious  ;D  ;D

Seriously though lets hope this line of enquiry leads to a bear reunion. Although as others have pointed out even if the Baker family do turn out to be the children in the photograph it could be that the photo and the bear were purchased by someone in an antiques shop/fair and have another legal owner.
It amazes me how often I see other people's family portraits and old snapshots on sale at these places  :(
 I couldn't part with all mine ( and I don't know who some of the people are now - just know they were special to my granny as she kept them all her life).

Looby

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: Thursday 06 June 13 09:38 BST (UK) »
Jane ...I discounted that marriage for Dora on page 17...she was born in 1909....Pass the Toblerone round before Trystan gets his grubby hands on it ;D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: Thursday 06 June 13 09:43 BST (UK) »
I don't think Bristol airport has flights to Oz so rules out that continent & north & south America...just the rest of the world to search  ;D

Jane

Hmmm!
As well as being an easyJet hub, Bristol airport is also a holiday flight centre.

So direct flights to Orlando, Cancun, Tunisa, Sharm el-Sheikh as well as all over Europe.
There are even flights to the Isle of Man!
So, maybe I could claim him?!?! ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: Thursday 06 June 13 09:50 BST (UK) »
I hope Scoutbear  does not go missing at the airport and in a few years we will be looking for his owner I hope we remember who it is Bonvoyage
Peter Burke father Dominick Burke wife Bridget Bagley son James Burke wife Lucy Dyke County Mayo Coventry England Australia . Grant ,Snell,Diggins , Burton, James Frederick Elmore /Elmer , Alfred James Bailey , Julia Elmore , Pierson

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: Thursday 06 June 13 09:55 BST (UK) »
We can't go 'younger' with this descendants of this family due to privacy issues of living people, but there is no reason at all why it can't be done privately and the information then passed on to the security staff at Bristol Airport.

If we have the likely identity of Dora and Glyn then that is as far as we can go on our site - but then allow the media to go along the lines of "Do you have a Grandad Glyn xxx and a Granny Dora xxx originally from zzz?" and work it from there.

It looks like we have quite strong candidates for their identities, but if there are other options then these can be explored too I suppose!

It continues to amaze me how resourceful you all are, it's brilliant!

Trystan
RootsChat Dogsbody
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: Thursday 06 June 13 10:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Trystan,

Dogsbody indeed.... was this a unanimous selection by the Rootschat Promotion Board. I never saw the vacancy advertised. A bit of nepotism here, I think.

Tom
Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: Thursday 06 June 13 10:04 BST (UK) »
Are you kidding tedscout  :o ?  Really, this bear is on its way to Bristol?  Tell us the story if you're not pulling our collective legs  ???
Carol, sorry missed that over on page 17.  Couldn't find another likely marriage or death for her but they only go up to 2007 so question mark on Dora.
Okay Trystan, shake a leg, what do we do next?  Just a thought but could we contact a local newspaper in Wales (maybe Newport or Abergavenney) to see if they would run the story on the Baker family etc?

Jane

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching BRABY/BRAVERY in SURREY and SUSSEX

PLEASE use the look-up requests page not a personal message.