Author Topic: Can Rootschat members help? - Lost Teddy Bear 'Seeks' Owner  (Read 122781 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Can Rootschat members help? - Lost Teddy Bear 'Seeks' Owner
« Reply #450 on: Monday 17 June 13 11:53 BST (UK) »
Was too busy wondering about the new Hasbro game of Cluedo.

Thinking if they base it round Peru I won't be able to play it as I'm hopeless with geography.

Anyway, lights are on and I'm in now  ;D  ;D

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Hampshire Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: Monday 17 June 13 11:59 BST (UK) »

Hi all,
Just catching up with all the pages I have missed out on reading for quite a few days and Carol's post kind of made me think. If Doris's mother did get remarried to a Charles H Hayward in Bristol in 1929, could Doris have used or adopted the surname of her stepfather. Only wondering if this is the case because my grandmother was married previously and had two children with her first husband, he passed away and then my grandmother met and married my grandfather and my aunt and uncle from her first marriage adopted my grandfathers surname.

There is a marriage September quarter 1937 Doris E Hayward to a Reginald J Povey in Caerleon.

Good thinking Nettie. Sounds a great possibility to me  :)
Best wishes HL

Census information is crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline NettieS

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: Monday 17 June 13 12:04 BST (UK) »

Hi all,
Just catching up with all the pages I have missed out on reading for quite a few days and Carol's post kind of made me think. If Doris's mother did get remarried to a Charles H Hayward in Bristol in 1929, could Doris have used or adopted the surname of her stepfather. Only wondering if this is the case because my grandmother was married previously and had two children with her first husband, he passed away and then my grandmother met and married my grandfather and my aunt and uncle from her first marriage adopted my grandfathers surname.

There is a marriage September quarter 1937 Doris E Hayward to a Reginald J Povey in Caerleon.

If it is a possibility HL then there appears to be two children from this marriage and what also appears to possibly be a grandchild as well.
Bramwell -  Derbyshire and Bolton
Pottinger -  Gloucestershire, Berkshire
James- Gloucestershire
Rawley, Wheeler - Middlesex
Nicholls, Nichols -  Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire
Lee, Porter - Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire
Bowers, Coxall, Coe, Dawkins, Hawkins, Horspoole, Rule - Cambridgeshire
Stoughton - Bedfordshire
Stewart - Stirlingshire,  Glasgow and Edingburgh
Tulloch - Orkney Islands
Liddell - Stirlingshire, Lanarkshire
Tulloch, Wilson, Stevenson, Baxter, Muir, Boag - Scotland

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: Monday 17 June 13 12:08 BST (UK) »

Anyway, lights are on and I'm in now  ;D  ;D

Annie

;D ;D ;D ;D
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline Hampshire Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: Monday 17 June 13 12:11 BST (UK) »

Hi all,

If it is a possibility HL then there appears to be two children from this marriage and what also appears to possibly be a grandchild as well.

Might be worth sending a PM to Trystan or DawnSh (moderator) Nettie because we can't post the names on this thread and they were coordinating the contact with the possible family.....but I don't know if that has ground to a halt now perhaps.
Best wishes HL

Offline NettieS

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: Monday 17 June 13 12:24 BST (UK) »

Hi all,

Might be worth sending a PM to Trystan or DawnSh (moderator) Nettie because we can't post the names on this thread and they were coordinating the contact with the possible family.....but I don't know if that has ground to a halt now perhaps.

I will send a PM to Trystan, it would be nice to know if anything has come of all the research  RC members have done looking for the owner of this bear.
Bramwell -  Derbyshire and Bolton
Pottinger -  Gloucestershire, Berkshire
James- Gloucestershire
Rawley, Wheeler - Middlesex
Nicholls, Nichols -  Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire
Lee, Porter - Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire
Bowers, Coxall, Coe, Dawkins, Hawkins, Horspoole, Rule - Cambridgeshire
Stoughton - Bedfordshire
Stewart - Stirlingshire,  Glasgow and Edingburgh
Tulloch - Orkney Islands
Liddell - Stirlingshire, Lanarkshire
Tulloch, Wilson, Stevenson, Baxter, Muir, Boag - Scotland

Offline Hampshire Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: Monday 17 June 13 12:34 BST (UK) »
Sent you a PM Nettie as this may not be our Doris E

PS   :-[ :-[ Just realised I'm confused Nettie and we're still in with a chance   :-[ :-[
I looked up the death record with the wrong surname and now I haven't got the time to look again ::)   

Will search later when I get home......so sorry  :-[ :-[
Best wishes HL

Offline Hampshire Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: Monday 17 June 13 13:22 BST (UK) »
Right.....update...

I really shouldn't cook dinner, get ready to go out and post on RC all at the same time  ::)

I was right the first time around and I have found a death record with the surname Povey, which knocks this marriage on the head, probably.

I think I'm resigning from this thread now as I'm as much use as a chocolate teapot. Too confused. :)

Before I go  :)  I've found a marriage in 1938 between Florence E Baker and Edgar W Baker.

Which doesn't help us find Doris E ;D
Best wishes HL

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: Monday 17 June 13 13:29 BST (UK) »
There are no matching records for Nicholas Hayward unfortunately...It was a good suggestion though.
I think I posted that one H.L. a few pages back but I think I discounted that one on the basis of her age...she was born in 1875.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU