Author Topic: On This Day in June........Tell us about your ancestors' anniversaries  (Read 43121 times)

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: On This Day in June........Tell us about your ancestors' anniversaries
« Reply #126 on: Thursday 20 June 13 07:14 BST (UK) »
On this day in 1813 Matthew Wyman died in Oundle
For some time he was a mystery to me. He married Susannah Arnsby in 1762 in Oundle. He was of  Harringworth and the family seemed good but no baptism. I then discovered that Robert Wyman of Harringworth married Anne Brown of Thorpe Achurch in Thorpe Achurch and had all but their last child at Thorpe Achurch, then obviously moved to Harringworth.
Matthew and Susannah had 4 children. Matthew was a wheelwright and in the Oundle militia, and a tenant of Miss Johnson.
Susannah lived on until 1824

Also on this day in 1858 my Great Grandmother Clara Maria Clarke was baptised in Oundle
She was daughter of Staffurth Clarke, a watchmaker and Sophia Wyman.
She married Frederick Douglas, a baker of Egham and son of a watchmaker,in St Mary's Lambeth.
They had 7 children at the bakery in Egham. Frederick died early in 1901, so Clara ran the bakery with her children until her death in 1933

Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Thursday 20 June 13 07:23 BST (UK) »
And today, 20th June, is my brother's birthday - Happy birthday Bro!!     ;D
Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriesshire,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Thursday 20 June 13 09:15 BST (UK) »
On this day in 1980, just as dawn was breaking, my last child was born.............a daughter......much fussed over by her 3 big brothers.   :D
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline quest40

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Thursday 20 June 13 13:34 BST (UK) »
On 20 June 1871 my great uncle, Thomas James Conquest, died from bronchitis, aged 3.  He was the first child of William Conquest and Louisa Crowsley.

Also on this day, 49 years ago, my husband and I were married.
Conquest, Crowsley, Giovannelli, Kingham, Marshall, Sewell, Wilson, Ashwell

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Thursday 20 June 13 14:50 BST (UK) »
On 20 June 
John Lank and Elizabeth Redmile my 5 x g.grandparents married at St Medardus and St Gildardus Church, Little Bytham, Lincolnshire in 1744

John Pake and Elizabeth Lake my 7 x g.grandparents married at St Mary the Great Church, Cambridge in 1695

Martha Ann Lynch (nee Brand ) my g.g.aunt was born in Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire in 1863

Frank Pemberton and Marion Pemberton twins, my 2nd cousins once removed were born in Warrington in 1908

William Hobson my 2 x g.g.uncle was baptised at All Hallows Church, Almondbury, Yorkshire in 1802
Martha Hobson my 2 x g.g.aunt, and sister of William above, was baptised at St John the Evangelist Church, Denby, Yorkshire in 1819

Lillian Hannah Renicar (nee Dawson) my husband’s g.aunt was baptised at Manchester Cathedral in 1875

Phillip Dameron my 13 x g.grandfather died at Westerfield Manor, Ipswich, Suffolk in 1521.  I’ve got a copy of his will, which is only 19 lines long, but I can’t read it.  I can make out that he made it on the last day of April in the year of something I can’t read.  I can just about make out that his wife (my 13 x g.grandmother) was called Elizabeth.  It is in old English script, so I need to scan it and then enlarge it to make it a bit easier to read.

Samuel Pemberton my 3 x g.grandfather was buried at St Oswald’s Church,  Lower Peover, Cheshire in 1829.  Interestingly some trees on Ancestry have him re-marrying in 1834 - clever huh ::)  FindMyPast have the man who married in 1834 as aged 30, my 3 x g.grandfather was 43 when he died, his wife had died in 1820 aged only 31 leaving 3 children aged 11, 8 and 4.

Offline genjen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Thursday 20 June 13 15:17 BST (UK) »

Also on this day, 49 years ago, my husband and I were married.

Wow, congratulations! :D

Today in 1703, my 8 x great aunt, Jane Lonsdale, was born in Spennithorne.

And my lovely brother-in-law was born on June 20th 1945, so am sending birthday hugs to him.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

ESS: Howe French Cant Annis Noakes Turner Marshall Makerow Duck Spurden Harmony
SCT: Howe Shaw Raitt Milne Forsyth Birnie Crichton Duncan McBeath Daniel Hay Robertson Jaffrey Smith McDonald Alexander Craighead
NRY: Bushby Smith Bland Iley Cunion Kendrew Thornbury Favell Lonsdale Crossland Rudd Pratt Gibson
WES; Dickenson Jackson Ewbank Waller
STS: White
SRY: Knight
DUR: Smith Littlefair
HAM: Williams Grose Lush Venson

Offline Marmalady

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Thursday 20 June 13 23:09 BST (UK) »
June 20

In 1790 my 4xGreat Uncle Samuel Levi was baptised at Diss, Norfolk. He was the third son of Moses Levi & Frances Fuller. He married Phoebe Sallows nee Smith in 1828, but they did not have any children. He died in 1862, aged 72 although the burial register says age 77
Wainwright - Yorkshire
Whitney - Herefordshire
Watson -  Northamptonshire
Trant - Yorkshire
Helps - all
Needham - Derbyshire
Waterhouse - Derbyshire
Northing - all

Offline genjen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Friday 21 June 13 11:12 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone,

I have nothing to report for the next few days but I do have a request.

Please can somebody take on the task of creating a new thread for On This Day In July? I shall be away from home and can't guarantee internet access at the end of June so would be very grateful if someone could create the thread and put the link on to the end of this one. I have asked one or two regular contributors but luck would have it that we have all chosen the same time to be on holiday! :)

Many thanks

Jen
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

ESS: Howe French Cant Annis Noakes Turner Marshall Makerow Duck Spurden Harmony
SCT: Howe Shaw Raitt Milne Forsyth Birnie Crichton Duncan McBeath Daniel Hay Robertson Jaffrey Smith McDonald Alexander Craighead
NRY: Bushby Smith Bland Iley Cunion Kendrew Thornbury Favell Lonsdale Crossland Rudd Pratt Gibson
WES; Dickenson Jackson Ewbank Waller
STS: White
SRY: Knight
DUR: Smith Littlefair
HAM: Williams Grose Lush Venson

Offline quest40

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Friday 21 June 13 11:56 BST (UK) »
On 21 June 1953 my husband's grandmother, Gertrude Elizabeth Hitch (nee January) died in Edmonton, Middlesex, aged 77.  June was a significant month for her - she was born on the 5th and married on the 4th - strange how things happen sometimes.
Conquest, Crowsley, Giovannelli, Kingham, Marshall, Sewell, Wilson, Ashwell