Author Topic: Margaret Frederika Odhner, b 1876, Dundee to St Petersburg, Russia  (Read 2513 times)

Offline scotsfolk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Margaret and her sister Annie Hildegard were the daughters of Sannfrid Odhner and Margaret Herd Soutar.  They moved to St Petersburg around 1879.  Two more daughters were born in Russia.  Elvira 1880 and Mary 1884. 
Sannfrid died in St Petersburg around 1898 and the family must have moved back to Dundee, shortly afterwards. Ann married in 1899 and the Odhners, mother Margaret and daughters Elvira and Mary are with her on the 1901 census. 
Elvira married Michael Essenoff in St Petersburg, 1908 and they had a daughter in Dundee, 1913.
I think Margaret Frederika must have married in Russia, but I have no idea where to start looking for it.  I've tried familysearch, but nothing comes up. 
Any suggestions will be most welcome.  Thanks

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Frederika Odhner, b 1876, Dundee to St Petersburg, Russia
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 June 13 16:15 BST (UK) »
not the Russian end but some info on SP

http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Margaret Herd Soutar Odhner died Dundee March 9th 1933 aged 82 years. cert gives her parents and informant is daughter Mary Murray.

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 June 13 16:29 BST (UK) »
have you seen this site:

http://www.cowley.addr.com/family-history/family-odhner.html

it has some of your family on but not Margaret frederika.

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 02 June 13 16:37 BST (UK) »
googling for Margaret frederika, a tree comes up online which says she died 1880. presumably this would be in Russia.

Diddy

Offline scotsfolk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 02 June 13 16:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Diddy.  I have seen it and am in contact with two members of the family.  (The marriage information for Ann, Mary and Elvira is incorrect.) 

Offline scotsfolk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 02 June 13 16:51 BST (UK) »
I've googled the family on numerous occasions, but she isn't on any tree I find online.  It's quite possible that she did young.  A family account suggests that Margaret and her three daughters returned to Scotland, which I can confirm, from my research.

Offline scotsfolk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 02 June 13 18:18 BST (UK) »
Diddy, Thanks.  I have all the relevant certificates from Scotland and info about Ann Watt going to America. I've now got Elvira's baptism in St Petersburg, but the Russian info is elusive.  Some day,. all will be revealed.