Author Topic: St Paul, Deptford Burials 1814 & 1815  (Read 843 times)

Offline emmalydia

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Paul, Deptford Burials 1814 & 1815
« on: Friday 07 June 13 17:01 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the burial of WILLIAM EDWARDS, Tay(i)lor, of Church Street, Deptford whose Will I have.  It was signed by him in September 1814 and Probate was granted March 1815 so he died in that time frame.  All his children were baptised St Paul and the family didn't move till after 1819 so I am fairly sure he is buried there.  Can find no other church burials Ancestry who do not have those years for St Paul.  Neither do familysearch of FindMyPast but I think there is a cd available.  Hoping to fast track this through the forum as I am sure he is my 3xggrandfather and I've been looking for a long time.  I particularly want his age at time of death if I am to get back any further.  Thanks so much to anyone who can help with this request.

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: St Paul, Deptford Burials 1814 & 1815
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 June 13 17:30 BST (UK) »
The National Burial Index has the burial of a William Edwards age 42 on 19 March 1815 at St Pauls Deptford.

Kay

Edit- It's also on Family Search https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/JZLY-69D

Offline emmalydia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: St Paul, Deptford Burials 1814 & 1815
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 June 13 02:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Kay - that will of course be him.  I went into the familysearch library and couldn't find the right time frame so am very grateful to you.  I will now look again. National Burial Index clinches it.  Now I can start looking for his birth - an interesting challenge.
This is the first time I've used the site since it was updated.  Hope I can see how to put completed on my topic already.
Regards Emmalydia