Author Topic: Ancestor Search  (Read 5237 times)

Offline lancs

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Ancestor Search
« on: Saturday 10 July 04 10:55 BST (UK) »
Cain Cane Kain Kean Keane .Researching these names in R.C parish of Ahascragh and Killosolan around 1850. Has anyone else come across these names in their research?Is any body researching these parish records?Has anyone got acess to the Tithe Applotement for said parish?Any information would be welcome!

Offline Mary Alexander

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestor Search
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 October 04 01:51 BST (UK) »
Ahascragh & Killosolan R.C. parish records from 1840 to 1880 are on LDS film number 989756 which you should be able to look at at your local LDS family history centre.  [I think a copy is held permanently at the one in London where I looked at it.]
 I ordered several LDS films in the hope of seeing the tithe applotment book for the civil parish of Killosolan but it wasn't on any of them.  Eventually, I got the page with the townland I was interested in [Loughaunboy] from the East Galway Family History Society and found out why I had been unable to find the right film.  It seems that Killosolan may have been included in the parish of Castleblakeney at the time of the tithe applotment books although it was a civil parish in its own right by the time of Griffiths Valuation.  The LDS have the tithe applotment books on 140 films.  They are arranged alphabetically by civil parish for the whole of Ireland.  Film number 256580 has parishes from Cashel to Castleconnor.  Film number 256563 has parishes from Aglish to Ambrosetown and MAY include Ahascragh.
Mary

Offline cazpro77

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestor Search
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 September 06 15:04 BST (UK) »
hi there all my irish family are from Loughaunboy i last visited there 10years ago and my mother was there last year seeing oir family
do you have any photos?
my family surname is loughaunboy was hennelly's james being my grandad.

if you could email me on (*)

i would very much appreate it
many thanks caz

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the PM system for exchanging personal data.
Roberts, Prosser