Author Topic: burials in the old holy cross r/c church cemetary, whitwick, leicestershire  (Read 1527 times)

Offline AliIsoMar

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
 AliIsoMar
RootsChat Extra

AliIsoMar
RootsChat Extra
Hi, i'm currently researching the cemetery gravestones { the graveyard is now unused and in private hands, i do have permission to be there by the owners} if anyone thinks they may have ancesters buried there please let me know and i will try to check for you. the cemetery is very overgrown and the gravestones are sometimes hidden or hard to read or completely missing but all the gravestones i have found i'm writting down the full grave insciptions and a plan of where they are in the cemetery.Hi, i'm currently researching the cemetery gravestones { the graveyard is now unused and in private hands, i do have permission to be there by the owners} if anyone thinks they may have ancesters buried there please let me know and i will try to check for you. the cemetery is very overgrown and the gravestones are sometimes hidden or hard to read or completely missing but all the gravestones i have found i'm writting down the full grave insciptions and a plan of where they are in the cemetery.
Canal Families: James, Green, Wenlock. Fradley, Wood, Higgins, Eaden, Harrison, Jenkinson Hollinshead, Coulton, Caswell, Boswell and Bird.

Offline vicky0607

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: burials in the old holy cross r/c church cemetary, whitwick, leicestershire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 June 13 07:25 BST (UK) »
 Hi AliIsoMar,

All of my relatives stem from Leicester.  Not sure if any are there but if you find any Perkins or Wright before 1900 I'd be interested.  Thank you

Offline AliIsoMar

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 June 13 12:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Vicky, I have found three Wrights so far as i have only just started in the cemetery and it is very overgrown. They are all buried within one grave. The inscription on the grave stone reads: Pray for the soul of  William Wright who died June 23rd 1848 aged 60years, also his wife Hannah who died July 14th 1853 aged 61years, also William Wright grandson of the above who died April 13th 1958 aged 11 years R.I.P.If i find any others i will let you know.                                                                                      Regards AliIsoMar
Canal Families: James, Green, Wenlock. Fradley, Wood, Higgins, Eaden, Harrison, Jenkinson Hollinshead, Coulton, Caswell, Boswell and Bird.

Offline vicky0607

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 17 June 13 17:34 BST (UK) »
thanks so much, yes anything would be helpful.

Offline Tsauru

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 01 December 15 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm doing a bit of graveyard research myself locally.

Particularly interested in any Stanyard, Straw, O'Meara or Hallam graves, if you found any - I know how overgown it is in there! Did you ever complete the entire churchyard?

Tom

Offline charby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 02 December 15 23:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi I just recently found that some of my Darby ancestors lived or were born in whitwick. Thank you.
barrow upon soar , leicestershire:   Darby
loughborough, leicestershire : selby
rempstone , nottingham, selby
nottingham: whitehead
watford, hertfordshire : hull
Derbyshire: Selby
kegworth leics, annable
melton mowbray:Darby

Offline AliIsoMar

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 11 August 16 04:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom, i did finish noting all the headstones that survived and those i could read insciptions of i recorded. I also took photos of the headstones i found. Ali