Author Topic: Link: Tips on orderting Irish Certificates  (Read 4392 times)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Link: Tips on orderting Irish Certificates
« on: Wednesday 03 July 13 17:42 BST (UK) »
Hello...

Thought I might share what I've found out in recent days about ordering certs from Ireland. I've spent a small fortune the past couple of days on certs for me, and for some rootschatters  ;D

Online, at http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/1/bdm/Certificates/ - you can order the following certs, but they're €20 a go..no discount online for research certificates: Births from 1864, Deaths from 1924, Marriages from 1920, Adoptions from 1922, Civil Partnerships from 2011 and Still Births from 1922.

If you want certs before that date, you would have to apply to GRO Roscommon http://www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm and print off the forms there, and send them off with a money order. For a research copy, this will only cost €4 - which I think is brilliant lol. You can also apply to GRO Roscommon for the certs from the dates posted above - will save a heap of money.

I've been getting certs from my local registration office after those dates for my own family. However, yesterday I needed certs from Limerick and Cork before those so the lady was kind enough to ring up and get them to upload it so she could print it out for me in person. I can order certs in person for the years above, and also before, but I can't order from another district before those dates I posted - I would have to go to that district and get them to do it. Will have to do that for my maternal side.

Obviously loads on here are not in Ireland, and those that are may not be willing to travel around buying certs  :) - so I would suggest buying them from the first link I posted above at €20 or through postal order from GRO at €4 for a research copy. Just make sure that you have all the necessary details for each cert, for them to process it.

Sorry if this post is long, but I thought it might help with Irish research

Annie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline Pemus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Irish Certs
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 July 13 14:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks for this information
 :)
Pemberton, Berrisford, Jackson, Brammall, Hodkinson, Stanley, O'Malley.Davies.

Offline LouisaS

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Irish Certs
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 14:48 BST (UK) »
My computer does not like the margin in roscommon certs, any ideas? or I shall have to wait untill a son comes around to fix it!!
Louisa