Author Topic: Emily Pennicott  (Read 1381 times)

Offline annaS

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Emily Pennicott
« on: Monday 22 July 13 23:01 BST (UK) »

I initially posted this on the South African board, but I thought that I had better post it on this one; giving me an extra go at finding her:

I have found a marriage of my great aunt Emily on the IGI - an actual copy of the marriage certificate!  However I can't find a passage for her to SA.

Her name is Emily Pennicott born in 1868 in Singleton in Sussex.  She is on the 1871 and 1881 census with her parents in Singleton, but I can't find her on the 1891.  She married Jeremiah Austin in St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Durban 31st January 1892.

I wonder if she went as a 'maid' with a family before finding and marrying Jermiah.  If anyone should find a passage for her I would be very grateful.

In anticipation, Anna

Offline davida

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Emily Pennicott
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello - I have just read your email about Emily Pennicott who it turns out is my great grandmother. She married Jerimiah Austin as you say in South Africa. Their son, Robert, married Jessie Longman - and their son is my Dad! My Dad who is in his eighties has been very keen to trace his background. I would love to be able to make contact with you as it seems we are distantly related. Regards, David.

Offline annaS

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 22:51 GMT (UK) »
How lovely to hear from you!  Emily was the only child of that family that I wasn't able to do much -probably the fact that she went to pastures new.

I do however have a great deal on the Pennicotts.  I can't send it to you as you have to send in three posts to Roots Chat before I can send you a personal message which would enable us to exchange email addresses. 

Soo send in a reply to this reply and repeat the process, and then I can send you what I have.

Let me know where you live would be a good start.  Hoping to hear from you shortly.  Anna

Offline annaS

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 March 14 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello again.  Explaining the personal message procedure:  "new members must make at least 3 postings before being allowed to use the personal message facility, also note that if you are sending a personal message to a new user who has less than 3 posts you will receive an error message"

I have just checked this so I can't PM you.  So get sending.  Anna

Offline davida

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 March 14 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anna
Thanks for your messages - am delighted you got mine as I wasn't sure it had got to you. I will send you a few more so that we can make personal contact. Look forward to speaking to you in due course...regards, David.

Offline davida

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 19 March 14 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anna
Am making another post in the hope that at least one reaches you and in the hope that it will activiate the personal message settings...best wishes, David.

Offline annaS

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 19 March 14 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello David,

You now have 3 posts on the board.

Hopefully you will get this.  Anna

Offline annaS

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 19 March 14 22:51 GMT (UK) »
The moderator will probably remove my email address from the board.  A slap on the wrist for me.   I have removed my email address myself, that is why the replies that I have sent you on the board are making no sense!  You should by now have 2 or even three personal messages from me.  Hopefully I will hear from you soon.  Regards, Anna

Offline davida

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 20 March 14 15:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anna - I hope you received the email I sent...do please let me know if not. Best wishes, David.