Author Topic: Tyn y Fynwant Llanllibio and Burial at Llanynghenedl Anglesey  (Read 3134 times)

Offline cilgwyn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tyn y Fynwant Llanllibio and Burial at Llanynghenedl Anglesey
« on: Sunday 04 August 13 18:23 BST (UK) »
I am researching an ancestor called Richard Owen who farmed at Tyn y Fynwant in Llanllibio and was buried at Llanynghenedl on 5 August 1814.  I want to find his gravestone if possible and note that Gwynedd FHS have published a list of these.  Does anyone know if I need St Mihangel or St Cenedl for a burial in 1814 at Llanynghenedl?

Offline Boncyfelin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Tyn y Fynwant Llanllibio and Burial at Llanynghenedl Anglesey
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 August 13 19:19 BST (UK) »
I have a copy of the GFHS record of the memorial inscriptions of St Cenedl. It details the burial of Richard Owen's wife Alice who died aged 76 on the 24 March 1825 also of their daughter Elizabeth, born 17 August 1792 and died 2 August 1848. However I cannot find that there is a record of the burial of Richard Owen.

Offline cilgwyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Tyn y Fynwant Llanllibio and Burial at Llanynghenedl Anglesey
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 August 13 17:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for that information.  When I searched the burial register on "Find my Past" for Llanynghenedl (not sure which church),  I found Richard Owen buried on 5 Aug 1814 aged 66 but no trace of Alice in 1825 in the actual register so that was very useful information for me.  Thanks again.